Show us your toolboxes!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-...wer-Steel-Rolling-Tool-Cabinet-Red/1000615515
1634436911680.png

Last edited:
52 inch -8 drawers Kobalt tower no longer for sale, no pic on line.
Also have packout from Milwaukee was on sale, so I bough one for my son & one for me, my set is in the Conex.
1634437252817.png

I don't have a roller. I have 3 plastic boxes and 3 tool bags and a motley assortment of tools in all of them. Plus all the ones in my vehicles. Sometimes I find tools I didn't know or remember I had. I was going through the back of my SUV the other day, taking out my summer work gear so I could put my winter gear in it. I found a USA made, 15" NAPA crescent wrench and a 12" Wilde crescent wrench under a pile of spare PPE. Theyve probably been there for a year and a half. I don't even remember putting them there...

Mine is a tool shed and not a box, and it’s a bit messy with some projects going on (as always).

Mine wasn't pretty because it had to go down the road and do everything, everywhere, all day.
If you watch the vid full screen and pause it, you can catch a glimpse of my top toolbox (0:47) and lower toolbox (0:05).
Sorry they ain't purty, but that's what the workin' man's setup was like.
Hint: Hook that 170psi in the big bologna to a 3/4" Ingersoll Rand impact wrench, and you can break stuff! :oops:

Last edited:
Stock photo. Next to it is my radial arm saw with a n 8' deck and beyond that is my table saw all at the same height so I can work long material. 48"X26"
Costco had them on sale when I walked in one day a few years ago. It looked up at me and just begged for a good home.
View Larger Image 2

What I used to have:

IMG_20210624_072535.jpg

And my upgrade. I found (actually the Wife found it and told me we need to go get it) the big Snap On (left) on Craigslist a few years back for 300 bucks, I couldn't resist. The drawers are pretty much full.

IMG_20210624_072521.jpg

What I used to have:

View attachment 73908

And my upgrade. I found (actually the Wife found it and told me we need to go get it) the big Snap On (left) on Craigslist a few years back for 300 bucks, I couldn't resist. The drawers are pretty much full.

View attachment 73907
You guys and your stickers on your tool boxes, yay for the Summit Racing sticker, we get a lot of parts from them. They have a huge store about an hour and twenty minutes from us! Trying to see what is on your engine stand, it's Chevy orange. Hubby is working on an Impala with a 305, soon getting it a 350. The original 305 has a cracked block. We are not 305 fans.

Makes me wish I had a garage :(. I have a toolbox, it gets carried out to the carport where I do the car/scooter stuff.

There also machinist chests with the lathe/mill tooling, calipers/micrometers/clamps/blocks/angles etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0193.jpeg
    IMG_0193.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0194.jpeg
    IMG_0194.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 33
Trying to see what is on your engine stand, it's Chevy orange.

It's supposed to be Hemi Orange, it was like that when I bought it. It has been completely stripped to bare block and repainted Hemi Orange. It's a Chrysler 360 LA, die hard Mopar guy, lol.

My NH (nice husband) had a big toolbox such as these and I guess he must have sold it…or Maybe one of our sons has it. He had it for his job and it stayed where he worked. But that was just for his work tools. The “at home” tools are a different story.

And they are just getting warmed up. They are certainly making some impressive technology advances in certain areas. They will need to fine tune their accuracy a bit to take out our carriers, which is where this is going.

Thank to all!

I am a tool junkie. Aside from what I have on peg boards most of my tools are in cases/tool boxes or chests. I recruited the youngest granddaughter to model the roll around chest.

20211017_151143_HDR.jpg

Precision measuring box acquired at an auction. Cost me zero. In the same auction I purchased an optical comparator. A fellow showed up late and made me an offer that was as much as I spent total so the auction cost me nothing.
20211017_151350_HDR.jpg

An old tape storage cabinet I pulled from a dumpster stores the fixture and tools for the milling machine and lathe. The bottom has tools for pipe threading portable band saw etc.
20211017_151436_HDR.jpg

An old cabinet for storing maps and plans (another dumpster find) stores cutters taps die reamers for machining.

20211017_151522_HDR.jpg

Plumbing tool box has most the tools so I can just grab it and go.

20211017_151630_HDR.jpg

Other tool boxes are stored on pull out drawer trays. Wood working hand tools, general purpose hand tools, mortar trowels, power tools, reloading, lab fixtures clamps bunsen burners stands etc.
20211017_151722.jpg

I also have general purpose tool box in the back my jeep but that one is buried behind an air conditioner at the moment and didn't bother with that one.

Yep. I am a tool junkie!

:rolleyes:

Ben

Attachments

• 20211017_151630_HDR.jpg
    20211017_151630_HDR.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 31
Thank to all!

I am a tool junkie. Aside from what I have on peg boards most of my tools are in cases/tool boxes or chests. I recruited the youngest granddaughter to model the roll around chest.

View attachment 73921

Precision measuring box acquired at an auction. Cost me zero. In the same auction I purchased an optical comparator. A fellow showed up late and made me an offer that was as much as I spent total so the auction cost me nothing.
View attachment 73922

An old tape storage cabinet I pulled from a dumpster stores the fixture and tools for the milling machine and lathe. The bottom has tools for pipe threading portable band saw etc.
View attachment 73923

An old cabinet for storing maps and plans (another dumpster find) stores cutters taps die reamers for machining.

View attachment 73924

Plumbing tool box has most the tools so I can just grab it and go.

View attachment 73926

Other tool boxes are stored on pull out drawer trays. Wood working hand tools, general purpose hand tools, mortar trowels, power tools, reloading, lab fixtures clamps bunsen burners stands etc.
View attachment 73927

I also have general purpose tool box in the back my jeep but that one is buried behind an air conditioner at the moment and didn't bother with that one.

Yep. I am a tool junkie!

:rolleyes:

Ben
You and my hubby would get along great! Tool junkie that loves a good find!

You and my hubby would get along great! Tool junkie that loves a good find!
Please forgive me if I posted this story here previously....

Ben
I picked up almost every type of laboratory glassware you can name this week in a dumpster.

Buddy
Yeah but do you have an Ehrlimier flask with a side vent? Hmmmm.....

Ben
What size?

5 minutes latter i produced 2.

Ben

..I am a tool junkie....

Ben, you Rock.. 👍 Killer shop, too.. Since much of my old 'Service Work' (Medical / Scientific Lasers..) involved Travel, I had to have something that would a) Allow me the flexibility to 'tailor', as-per a Job, and, b) Stand up to the Rigors of Travel / getting tossed about, and, c) Be Under 100#s, in all (which was Always tough..)

..and d) Be 'TSA-Neanderthal proof' (which was damn-near Impossible.. :rolleyes: :mad: Can't tell ya How many flippin times they 'rearranged' the stuff in the the drawers - "rearranged", as in, opened up a Different one they took it Out of - and just Crammed in there, till nearly splitting at the seams..Grrrr.. :mad: Anyhoo..

I ended up 'standardizing' on the Pelican 0450, ie:
811cMN-CiPL._AC_SS450_.jpg
..Also makes an Awesome 'Medic Box', here's One of Two I set up for us:
0450-Medic-Box1.jpg

..But, for my Service TB, I found these Awesome little 'Zipper-cases' at a surplus-place - No idea what they were "supposed to be" used for, but.. I bought Every Single One I could find - Love 'em..

0450-Top.jpg

..Cuz, then I can set up 'Task Paks' - All screwdrivers in One / frequently-used Sockets in another / Specialized Parts / Tool-sets, in another, etc, ie:

0450-SD-Pak.jpg
0450-Socket-Pak.jpg
0450-Optics-Pak.jpg
0450-MTB-Pak.jpg

..etc, and then 1-2 'All-Purpose Tools' drawers, too, ie:

0450-Bottom.jpg

..And, to this day / even Not traveling, I still use these, pretty much exclusively (super easy to take Where needed.. :cool: ) Only 'exception', is a Diesel / Truck-specific Box, in the 'Daily', and - Of Course - the 'Junk drawers' in the Kitchen..

Junq.jpg
👍

...I picked up almost every type of laboratory glassware you can name this week in a dumpster.

Small score of my own, not too long-back, at an Electronics Surplus place (of all places..) Pennies on the dollar, compared to 'new'..

Bomex.jpg

..Point being, 'Snatch whatever ya Can, While ya Can, cuz once it's Gone.. it's Gone...' :cool:

jd

I've got graduated cylinders, hydrometers, assorted sized beakers, filters, etc. Somewhere is an Erlenmeyer flask with a side port, an aspirator, vacuum tubing, a filter funnel and various filters to fit it. Once a lab rat, always a lab rat :). the box is likely labeled "filter stuff"

I had to dig out my tool box from the back my jeep today so here is one I skipped.

20211026_161220_HDR.jpg

It is going on 38 years old. The brass corners and angle braces were added because the corners were starting to suffer from wear.

20211026_161138.jpg

It is general purpose and can handle most projects around the house.

Ben

Latest posts

Back