Show us your tools!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neb

Jack of all trades master of some
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This thread is intended to share knowledge of tools. Any tool goes old or new.

Take encourage learning share a picture and let others ID them and talk about how they are used.

Ben

This thread is intended to share knowledge of tools. Any tool goes old or new.

Take encourage learning share a picture and let others ID them and talk about how they are used.

Ben
Tool 1

20220313_170108_HDR.jpg

20220313_170117_HDR.jpg

20220313_170126_HDR.jpg

Ben

That's what happens to wood working tools oops! and tools that are stored in the wood shop.
Gasoline/alcohol Blow Torch.
Palm brace.
assortment of bits and an adjustable bit.
A set of Irwin three flute bits.

I'm glad I looked at the discussion before I posted my " Tool " :brewing:

I will see if anything stands out, but mine are mostly fairly common, although there is a metric 💩ton of em.

Harbor Freight 7x10 lathe:
1647219055955.png

Harbor Freight small Milling Machine:

1647219204701.png

I don't have pictures but I have over $50,000 in tools.

That's what happens to wood working tools oops! and tools that are stored in the wood shop.
Gasoline/alcohol Blow Torch.
Palm brace.
assortment of bits and an adjustable bit.
A set of Irwin three flute bits.
100% !

Re

20220313_170108_HDR.jpg

I think it may be gasoline fired???

The needle valve is free and in good shape.

The pump needs a new diaphragm

I have not got into the tank ... corroded soldered brazed? A project for another day.

Ben

I'm glad I looked at the discussion before I posted my " Tool " :brewing:

I will see if anything stands out, but mine are mostly fairly common, although there is a metric 💩ton of em.

Harbor Freight 7x10 lathe:
View attachment 82294
Harbor Freight small Milling Machine:

View attachment 82295
Nice!

I went with Smithy 20 years ago but feel I should upgrade to handle larger components. I will post more to this at a later date.

:thumbs:

Ben

Good looking brace and several nice bits. I have a few of my own, love to find an adjustable one. Where did you get the Irwin set from?

Dade, what do you think about the lathe and mill from HF. I've looked at both of those in the past.
I like the lathe a lot better at 25% of the current cost. It's fine, if you are not expecting .0001 capability. Years ago there was a group/forum for the little lathes/mills, and the CNC guys constantly griped the 300 buck lathe wouldn't hold to .0001 :). I'd have gone bigger if I had an actual use for bigger, but my other hobby is RC cars, and it's great for that when I need to do something.

The CNC guys didn't learn on a well used Atlas/Craftsman with a leather belt drive, they aren't "real" machinists, they are programmers.

Ben,
look at that pump before you write it off. They were leather or at least the ones I owned were all it takes is some oil to soften them up and make them seal.

I don't have pictures but I have over $50,000 in tools.
I make it a point to take photos, if for nothing else insurance purposes or catching thieves. This is some of my welding stuff i also have blacksmithing and hand powered tools....A good source around here are the estate sales.

Attachments

• 22218297_1746591495640887_7908435680810744270_o.jpg
    22218297_1746591495640887_7908435680810744270_o.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 34
I make it a point to take photos, if for nothing else insurance purposes or catching thieves. This is some of my welding stuff i also have blacksmithing and hand powered tools....A good source around here are the estate sales.
?
5 MIG and an arc welder

?

That is enough to a shop busy. What are you building? Barges?

Ben

Latest posts

Back