Space Distraction

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jupiter and the Moon tonight.

DSCN1727.jpeg
DSCN1728.jpeg
DSCN1741.jpeg

Didn't think this warranted a whole New thread, but.. Any idea WTHeckfire this Is??

🤔 Something-Something-Space X Darkside-Something?

Sure - Could be some kind of 'VFX' trickery (overlay from something else) to 'get clicks', but.. Seems pretty legit that it's a real vid of... ????? o_O Any ideas, ya'll?

jd

Didn't think this warranted a whole New thread, but.. Any idea WTHeckfire this Is??

🤔 Something-Something-Space X Darkside-Something?

Sure - Could be some kind of 'VFX' trickery (overlay from something else) to 'get clicks', but.. Seems pretty legit that it's a real vid of... ????? o_O Any ideas, ya'll?

jd

They cut the video so you won't see.
Just at the very end you can see it turn, and it is obviously a jet with all it's lights on, in descent, with 4 exhaust streams.
Look close at the last 2 seconds.
Unless it was one of Joe's planes, sorry, no aliens were landing. 👽:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just at the very end you can see it turn, and it is obviously a jet with all it's lights on, in descent, with 4 exhaust streams.

MMmm, yah, sorry, not seein that (Certainly not "aliens", neither, tho.. :) Thinking more like some crazy 'Space X re-entry', but.. The 'smoke / flame trails' look kinda 'VFXey' to me, so.. Not sure.. 🤔

Intriguing (and a Good Job, if, indeed, VFX'd) but.. File under 'Hmmmm...' ;)

jd

MMmm, yah, sorry, not seein that (Certainly not "aliens", neither, tho.. :) Thinking more like some crazy 'Space X re-entry', but.. The 'smoke / flame trails' look kinda 'VFXey' to me, so.. Not sure.. 🤔

Intriguing (and a Good Job, if, indeed, VFX'd) but.. File under 'Hmmmm...' ;)
Plane, all lights on.
Turning on descent:
Screenshot_20240315-020359_kindlephoto-2228351878.png

...Obviously about to land at CLT.

Last edited:
Plane, all lights on.
Turning on descent:

Respectfully...

il_fullxfull.2939509031_dqq3.jpg
:)

I see 4 Clearly Distinct 'crafts' (?) - which would account for the 4 distinct "smoke trails" (If they are Real, and not VFX, etc) and '4 sources of flame'..

Mystery-4-Banger.png
..Maybe some kind of 'stunt aircraft', all flying (then Banking, there..) in formation.. Perhaps the 'nightcap' of an Airshow or perhaps some 'practical SFX' sequence (ie: 4 planes with 'pyro trailers', etc) for some Film-shoot in that area? 🤔 Dunno, but it Is Odd..

jd

Jupiter has at least 50 named moons. I just watched about a 20 minute video on NASA website about Jupiter but more specifically explores Europa, one of the moons, presenting information about what is on the surface. Really interesting.

On timeanddate.com there's a map of what areas will be able to see the eclipse tonight, a prenumbral lunar eclipse. It starts in 2 hours for me. All of the US will be in visibility area.
Oh cool, thank you!! It will be cloudy here though! So I'm going to bed!! Well,...... maybe not, it's starting to storm! 😮☹️Crap!!

I love looking at the stars. Our twin sons took an astronomy course in Community College and they had to go to an observatory (Denver) to see various things so the whole family went. We got to look through the telescope at Saturn. It was awesome! We went several times and were amazed each and every time.

On a good night, I can see Jupiter and 3 or 4 of its moons without the aid of a telescope. I wondered why Jupiter looked more like a smile than a planet so I just stared and focused a bit and saw 3 dots on one side and one on the other. I am far-sighted. Now if those had been letters on a page............I would have seen blurrrrrrrr.

I saw that and noticed it too, but wasn't 100% sure it was Mars. But was pretty sure.
Another cool thing most people will never see is the half-moon in the south Caribbean close to the equator.
It looks like someone holding up a champagne glass with the flat part on top.
It is really cool looking at the same things in different parts of the world.

We lived in Puerto Rico, but I don't remember seeing the half-moon. I'm sorry I missed it.
When we lived outside of Anchorage, AK, the Big Dipper and North Star were practically straight up in the sky. I knew that's how it would be, but I was still amazed.

@bkt It is Mars.

Jupiter went behind my garage before I could get a good picture with the camera attached to the telescope. I did manage this one taken from the eyepiece with my cellphone (no exposure control). Hopeful for better conditions this winter and some better equipment.

View attachment 49961
Well, Eek. I made a post saying I saw Jupiter with 3 dots on the left and one on the right. Looks like I had it backwards. I know there were 3 on one side and one on the other. There's another one hiding there somewhere. Thanks for the picture. I am awed just looking at this picture here.

Well, Eek. I made a post saying I saw Jupiter with 3 dots on the left and one on the right. Looks like I had it backwards. I know there were 3 on one side and one on the other. There's another one hiding there somewhere. Thanks for the picture. I am awed just looking at this picture here.
It changes, Doesn’t it?

For tonight:

Geomagnetic K-index of 8

Could be lots of Northern Lights visible
If we see 'northern lights' down here, it's because some yankee lit the swamp-gas on fire:LOL:.

Latest posts

Back