Stella might’ve gotten her groove back but….

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommyice

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
IMG_2578.jpeg
I got my weaving mojo back!
:woo hoo:

IMG_2577.jpeg

Took forever to warp it up because I forgot some tools at home in NJ. Guess I’ll have to get some more for the cabin.

Weaving had been in a holding pattern for the last few years but I’m determined to get a warp on every loom I own.

Last edited:
View attachment 127965I got my weaving mojo back!
:woo hoo:

View attachment 127957

Took forever to warp it up because I forgot some tools at home in NJ. Guess I’ll have to get some more for the cabin.

Weaving had been in a holding pattern for the last few years but I’m determined to get a warp on every loom I own.
ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! and PORTABLE!!!!!

ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! and PORTABLE!!!!!
The Wolf Pup is very portable at 18” weaving width but she lives at the upstate cabin. I am envious of her. LOL

It’s the smallest of my floor looms.
This is Jacques, my LeClerc Compact at 24” it has 8 shafts and 10 treadles. I can weave more complex structures with it.
IMG_0171.jpeg

This is Bjorn, my Swedish-made Glimakra Ideal. He can weave about 40”. I had to get rid of two pieces of furniture to bring him home.
IMG_0543.jpeg

I envy you. I have a big loom that I am thinking of getting rid of. I have no idea how to warp it or use it, no weaving thread.
It’s not hard to do Weedy. There are a lot of steps to setting up and weaving but none of them are hard. You can use knitting yarns or crochet cotton. That’s crochet cotton (3/2) in the first pic. I’m weaving yardage to make a tote bag.

Do you have pics of the loom? What kind is it?

It’s not hard to do Weedy. There are a lot of steps to setting up and weaving but none of them are hard. You can use knitting yarns or crochet cotton. That’s crochet cotton (3/2) in the first pic. I’m weaving yardage to make a tote bag.

Do you have pics of the loom? What kind is it?
I have a photo somewhere. Loom is in the basement, not so easy to access.

Another loom warped and ready to go, mostly. Put an 8 yard warp of cotton for towels. Easy treadling pattern but looks complex. Threading is spot on and just need to tweak some tension and selvedge issues. This is the test treadling.

IMG_2621.jpeg

Thanks Dade. This is magic for me--it's just threads but you can turn them into something beautiful and useful.

Part of my retirement plan is to weave for sale and I decided to get cracking on it. I've only got 1,433 more days to get my tush in gear. Hopefully by summer, I'll have these and more listed in an Etsy store. I figure doing something like this will help to keep me out of trouble. LOL

WOW... Like said.. Nice...
Looks complicated... Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back