Stella might’ve gotten her groove back but….

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommyice

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
IMG_2578.jpeg
I got my weaving mojo back!
:woo hoo:

IMG_2577.jpeg

Took forever to warp it up because I forgot some tools at home in NJ. Guess I’ll have to get some more for the cabin.

Weaving had been in a holding pattern for the last few years but I’m determined to get a warp on every loom I own.

Last edited:
View attachment 127965I got my weaving mojo back!
:woo hoo:

View attachment 127957

Took forever to warp it up because I forgot some tools at home in NJ. Guess I’ll have to get some more for the cabin.

Weaving had been in a holding pattern for the last few years but I’m determined to get a warp on every loom I own.
ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! and PORTABLE!!!!!

ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! and PORTABLE!!!!!
The Wolf Pup is very portable at 18” weaving width but she lives at the upstate cabin. I am envious of her. LOL

It’s the smallest of my floor looms.
This is Jacques, my LeClerc Compact at 24” it has 8 shafts and 10 treadles. I can weave more complex structures with it.
IMG_0171.jpeg

This is Bjorn, my Swedish-made Glimakra Ideal. He can weave about 40”. I had to get rid of two pieces of furniture to bring him home.
IMG_0543.jpeg

I envy you. I have a big loom that I am thinking of getting rid of. I have no idea how to warp it or use it, no weaving thread.
It’s not hard to do Weedy. There are a lot of steps to setting up and weaving but none of them are hard. You can use knitting yarns or crochet cotton. That’s crochet cotton (3/2) in the first pic. I’m weaving yardage to make a tote bag.

Do you have pics of the loom? What kind is it?

It’s not hard to do Weedy. There are a lot of steps to setting up and weaving but none of them are hard. You can use knitting yarns or crochet cotton. That’s crochet cotton (3/2) in the first pic. I’m weaving yardage to make a tote bag.

Do you have pics of the loom? What kind is it?
I have a photo somewhere. Loom is in the basement, not so easy to access.

Latest posts

Back