Street "DRUGS"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Curious about how people start to get street drugs. If someone is new to a city or town, where do they start inquiring to procure drugs...??? Go to police station and ask......??? A bartender....??? Is there a "code" word other than referring to it as street drugs when inquiring...??

Last edited:
If you don’t hang around with druggies, or personally know some, you won’t get very far.
You will immediately be suspect as an undercover cop.
If you blindly wander into the “bad part of town “ and ask around trying to buy some, you could get robbed or worse.

I gave up using illegal drugs in 1980. And gave up alcohol in 2005.
But back in the day I used just about everything that was available at the time.

At our age... just go down and hang out at the senior center. Someone will be emptying their medicine cabinet...

:LOL:
I thought I was a serious consumer of meds, till a friend confided that he takes a handful of meds every two hours.

It's not.
Then where do you go to learn. Do they have "Night School" classes for the street drug challenged...???

Once you figure out what you're shopping for, how do you get a "good Deal' or even a fair price...??

There is so much to learn.

As someone who has never been into any kind of drugs, I can appreciate how we wouldn't know. But Sourdough, you live out in the boonies. How would you have any contact with a druggie?

When we were visiting San Francisco in 1976, we decided to drive around Haight-Ashbury one evening. The way to find drugs there? Stop at a traffic light on red, waiting for it to turn green and they would approach your vehicle and ask what you were looking for.
I think now, it is a matter of hanging out in the right (or wrong) areas and with certain people. One time I pulled into a parking lot to do something, maybe text someone, and someone approached me. I later found out that that is where heroin is dealt. How would I know that? And how did the person who told me have known it? I don't know.

Last edited:
But Sourdough, you live out in the boonies. How would you have any contact with a druggie?
I don't, but once I learn what I "want" to buy; I assume I would have to shop in Anchorage. I look on Amazon.com (no joy) I have not been out of Alaska in 26 years, so I am not going to make a shopping trip to Seattle.

Speaking of which, many, maybe most of you'all likely don't know that 50+ years ago, Alaskans would make a yearly trip to Seattle to purchase clothing and other nice things you could not get in Anchorage, AK.

It was so common that in the fall of the year the airlines would have special deals that included a week at the Roosevelt Hotel.

Last edited:
Go in any working class bar... loggers, construction, all the trades. Hang out for a week or two, play a few games of pool. Won't take long to meet folks who can get you....

In the 90's. didn't do drugs, wore slacks and a tie for work. But I was a farm boy and ex military. Yet I could walk into a redneck bar anywhere, even in wv where folks are suspicious.. Before the night was over i'd be offered a joint. Sure, i'd get looks... but i was honest and knew how to speak redneck. Finding drugs is easy... I could spot who was selling before i finished my 1st beer.

But how can one become a druggie if it is so hard to procure...???
All you have to do is look at all of the homeless in CA sleeping the entire day away on the sidewalks, with syringes scattered all around them, to know that drugs are no problem to be found.
On the flip side, if you are wandering around in the woods in 'wilderness Alaska', you will find none :(.
And forget Amazon, even though they sell absolutely EVERYTHING, just try to buy cigarettes from them. No!gaah

But what if you are shopping for something more effective than a "joint".....???
What are you needing this medication for? if you're building up a post-SHTF medicine cabinet, tropical fish stores and "good old boy" veterinarians are the best bet. the poor man's James Bond has several recipes, but you'd better know how to follow directions! then there's "wild lettuce heroin" If you're wanting a heavy-duty anesthetic, the rohypnol recipe in the PMJB works a bit too well!

What is Rohypnol?​

Rohypnol is an intermediate-acting benzodiazepine with general properties similar to those of Valium (diazepam). It is used in the short-term treatment of insomnia, as a pre-medication in surgical procedures and for inducing anesthesia.

Since the 1990s Rohypnol has been used illegally to lessen the depression caused by the abuse of stimulants, such as cocaine and methamphetamine, and also as an aid for sexual assault. The so-called “date-rape drug” was placed unknowingly in the drinks of victims, often at a bar or party (“club drug”). Due to the strong amnesia produced by the drug, victims would have limited or no memory of the assault.

Like other benzodiazepines (such as Valium, Ativan and Xanax), Rohypnol's therapeutic effects include:

• sedation
  • muscle relaxation
  • reduction in anxiety
  • prevention of convulsions.
However, the sedative effects of Rohypnol are approximately 7 to 10 times stronger than Valium. The action of Rohypnol appears 15 to 20 minutes after administration and last approximately four to six hours. Some residual effects can be found 12 hours or more after administration.

Once you figure out what you're shopping for, how do you get a "good Deal' or even a fair price...??

There is so much to learn.
How would you even know what a good deal is? I think the most drug connected person you know might at least help you to not look totally square.

Not knowing what you are looking for, I am thinking you are wanting pain meds. You are looking for something that a doctor cannot or will not prescribe?

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/007486.htm
"Narcotics work by binding to receptors in the brain, which blocks the feeling of pain. These drugs can be abused and are habit-forming. They have been associated with accidental overdose and death. When used carefully and under a provider's direct care, they can be effective in reducing pain.

Examples of narcotics include:
  • Codeine
  • Fentanyl -- available as a patch
  • Hydrocodone
  • Hydromorphone
  • Morphine
  • Oxycodone
  • Tramadol"

And what is the right language to use when trying to score on the streets? What would you say if you wanted something? I'm a bit of a stick in the mud, a square. They'd know old lady speak trying to score and think I was working for law enforcement. You would stand right out if you asked if someone knew where to score some heroin, meth, marijuana. Those are not correct street terms.

Heroin? I've read that it is called horse, but surely there are other terms.
Marijuana? Pot, weed, grass, probably more.
Meth? Speed? Probably has a few other names.

And what other things might someone try to score and their street names?

Not knowing what you are looking for, I am thinking you are wanting pain meds. You are looking for something that a doctor cannot or will not prescribe?
No. I need to learn more. But from what little I know; it sounds like Fentanyl would work. I am not shopping or in the market now. But a serious "prepper" is concerned with what might be needed in the future. And knowing how and where to get it.

Is there a "street name" for Fentanyl....???

Speaking of which, many, maybe most of you'all likely don't know that 50+ years ago, Alaskans would make a yearly trip to Seattle to purchase clothing and other nice things you could not get in Anchorage, AK.
== ==
At one time I was told..... There was a good living to be made with a good boat freighting groceries and all manor of goods from where good were flown into the closest remote post office to beaches all along the inside passage where people lived in the bush.. Also some boats would come from Seattle and once past Vancouver ...spit... and Prince Rupert make deliveries.. I presume both sides of the border of the passage.. No one questioned what was in the box among the boxes of corn flakes and Hamburger Helper in the boxes of groceries...

Well, I solved that question. "WOW" so much to learn, just to speak "street talk".

Street names for fentanyl:
  • fent
  • fenty
  • blonde
  • he-man
  • murder 8
  • snowflake
  • tango and cash
  • Apache
  • butter
  • good fella
  • dragon
  • dragon’s breath
  • jack
  • jackpot
  • white girl
  • toe tag dope
  • blue diamond
  • china town
  • chinese food
  • king ivory
  • dance fever
  • lollipop
  • crazy one
  • TNT

Last edited:
No. I need to learn more. But from what little I know; it sounds like Fentanyl would work. I am not shopping or in the market now. But a serious "prepper" is concerned with what might be needed in the future. And knowing how and where to get it.

Is there a "street name" for Fentanyl....???
There are a lot of bad drugs on the street right now being marketed as oxycontin, Xanax or Percocet & sometimes fentanyl.
Mexi’s being the big one- coming out of Mexico and the Sinaloa cartel. People who use are dying left and right as these pills are cut with lethal doses of fentanyl and they are taking the same amount that they typically take.

https://www.dea.gov/alert/dea-labor...nyl-laced-fake-prescription-pills-now-contain

2 mg of fentanyl at once can kill you. We use it in the hospital as it’s short acting and has less hemodynamic effects than dilaudid (hydromorphone) for example.
A typical dose in the hospital would be 12.5 mcg to 100 mcg at a time depending on weight of the patient and co-morbidities + how critically ill they are.
For reference 1000 mcg = 1 mg

2 mg of fentanyl at once can kill you. We use it in the hospital as it’s short acting and has less hemodynamic effects than dilaudid (hydromorphone) for example.
A typical dose in the hospital would be 12.5 mcg to 100 mcg at a time depending on weight of the patient and co-morbidities + how critically ill they are.
For reference 1000 mcg = 1 mg
Thanks, that was to be one of my future questions. I have never done "street" drugs (I'm on several prescription drugs). I am not depressed or suicidal, just pre-planning for a time when a "non-messy" departure might be appropriate.

I've spent a bit of time in the dark corners of our world. If one wants to find drugs, he/she should hang out at a strip club. Pretty much every dancer is using weed at the very least. Most are also on one or more of meth, crack, or especially heroin. Dancers like to dull the edge off of what they are doing with drugs, and dealers are quite willing to hook them up cheap or for free until the girls are addicts. By then it's too late, the girls usually can't pay, and turn to hooking out of the club to support their habits. Usually the dealer becomes their pimp. If you've spent some time and money getting dances or other services from the girls, they'll likely either sell you the drugs for the dealer, or hook you up with the dealer. I had dancers offer me meth and weed.

I saw this too many times in my younger, wilder days. I knew several beautiful young women who got put in the ground or in prison from meth or heroin. I knew several others that barely made it out alive. That whole scene is why you won't see me in a club...

It is interesting how "instantly" this thread lost the interest of members as soon as they realized where it was going. Why not prepare for the end..?? Why assume there will be professional medical options available.

I consider myself a "serious" prepper for the future (unknown future). If food & water & shelter are valid considerations, "WHY" not a smooth departure. Part of prepping for an "unknown future" is prepping for medical trauma.

We assume there will always be medical help available. Many of us (me included) live with full awareness that is "far" from probable. Even in a "non-SHTF" reality, if I was seriously injured with zero hope of assistance, I would wish for a final painless & non sloppy why to end it. We trust people to be in possession of several ways to self-abort. Why is it unreasonable to have access to a "non-violent" & non-sloppy & and maybe unsuccessful ways of ending life...??? Being shot or mauled by a large animal, or massive accident with zero hope of medical assistance, seems prudent to have prepared not only for food/shelter/water/etc. but also a smooth end.

I think this is a serious void in preparing for SHTF environments. Preppers are big on expecting dozens of gun-fights, even aware they might die. But few consider they are likely to live for 8 or 11 hours in horrific pain having been gut-shot or had their lower jaw shot off. knowing there is zero hope of medical assistance, and a long painful death is eminent.

It is one thing to remain hopeful and optimistic for a magical recovery, another thing to accept the reality of the situation and go out without pain and maybe is some state of bliss.

Last edited:
Reading this thread has me asking a slightly different question, what is the shelf life of these drugs that could put a horse down? I mean honestly, most of my preps has a shelf life. Food storage is only good for 5 years or less (not counting grain)... Gas has a shelf life, even ammo has a shelf life. So the question turns to what would be the strongest pain killer with the longest shelf life, and what would be the clearly fatal dose?

Then again I think most of the folks here have a strong self preservation instinct that would keep this discussion in the closet....

I "SUSPECT" that most go through life substantially sedated. Having their pain and suffering mitigate be "legal" drugs. They really can't grasp pain and suffering with "ZERO" hope of a magical recovery or medical treatment.

To be crystal clear nothing in this thread is in reference to depression/suicide or endurable pain and suffering. It is really about the "END" and zero chance the "END" will not be horrific.

It is interesting how "instantly" this thread lost the interest of members as soon as they realized where it was going. Why not prepare for the end..?? Why assume there will be professional medical options available.

It is one thing to remain hopeful and optimistic for a magical recovery, another thing to accept the reality of the situation and go out without pain and maybe is some state of bliss.
That's because it is a morbid topic that most people don't want to talk about.
I have thought about this, but I wouldn't depend on a chemical to exit.
I preach about hospice and what they actually do, and hint about having "keys to the exit-door".
The end doesn't have to leave a 'mess' for others to clean up either.
When the day comes that my usefulness has ended and my only future is to be a burden on others, a short walk across the road and into the field, and no mess to clean up. :thumbs:

My mother owned two nursing homes and was vividly aware of what "end of life" really looks like (this was 50-60 years ago). She had a long and painful and unable to care for herself end of life.

I know that if she would have had access to a neat non-sloppy way to end it, she would have. She knew about administering prescription drugs to her guests, as she called them. But in the end, she did not access to relieve herself after the strokes. And so, she suffered needlessly.

Latest posts

Back