Street "DRUGS"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because it is a morbid topic that most people don't want to talk about.
I have thought about this, but I wouldn't depend on a chemical to exit.
I preach about hospice and what they actually do, and hint about having "keys to the exit-door".
The end doesn't have to leave a 'mess' for others to clean up either.
When the day comes that my usefulness has ended and my only future is to be a burden on others, a short walk across the road and into the field, and no mess to clean up. :thumbs:
Your assuming access to "hospice". Imagine a SHTF environment where that option did not exist.

It is interesting how "instantly" this thread lost the interest of members as soon as they realized where it was going. Why not prepare for the end..?? Why assume there will be professional medical options available.
I consider myself a "serious" prepper for the future (unknown future). If food & water & shelter are valid considerations, "WHY" not a smooth departure. Part of prepping for an "unknown future" is prepping for medical trauma.
=== ===
I'm not sure what ...psychology 101.. teaches about this subject...
(Dr J, please share some knowledge at a layman level for us)
Many countries have MAD, medical assisted death available under a number of different rules... Some countries more liberal or tightly regulated than others.. It seems most US states have a very wide range of rules of availability and conditions of use than anywhere else.. For instance.. I had a nephew recently pass from lung cancer.. Assisted death was available to him, but the individual state rules to have that option in place if, when the pain factor met the criteria seemed to make it very hard to impossible to be useful.. I also had an X brother in law in Canada pass from lung cancer.. The rules there seemed much more ...useable, patient comfort.. oriented... I use these terms for lack of better wording... Luckily both passed easily, quietly, and with very little pain issues.. I have known a couple other people not so lucky..

Remember... I'm not psychologist, but I did pay for ones education...

Get a bottle of helium and a plastic bag.
Quick painless and no mess.
A friends son did it that way.
He went to a party store and bought the helium and told them it was for birthday party balloons.
I have read that nitrogen would be a "clean" way. Because our air is 70% nitrogen it does not induce the choking reflex that CO2 and suffocating would induce.

But I would prefer to fight as long as there was fight left in me...

I was taught to never quit or give up, but life has taught me that in some cases you have to know when to cut your losses too.

Self termination isn't on my table. I have considered the concept of end of life options - of going out on my own terms if the end is inevitable and painful. Yet, I'm not sure I can do that. Nature decreed that I should have died a terrible death from Type 1 diabetes at age 15. Modern medicine reversed that decree. Every day is a gift to me - I have had 35 years of God-given gifts. Even the bad times are gifts because I wasn't supposed to be here to experience them.

I do not believe I can take my own life. Perhaps if the physical suffering is too much, but even then I believe I will choose to fight for every minute. If I am ever unable to obtain the medicines I need to survive, an awful death will await me. My body will be unable to use the glucose in my blood, so it will consume itself to provide more glucose, that it still can't use. That will cause a downward spiral where my body chemistry will become acidic. Before I would die, I would be dehydrated, vomiting terribly, and in great pain until the mercy of a coma envelops me. I would still want every minute that God gives me...

Get a bottle of helium and a plastic bag.
Quick painless and no mess.
A friends son did it that way.
He went to a party store and bought the helium and told them it was for birthday party balloons.
That would definitely be quick and painless.
Easy to get too, I still have half a jug of it leftover in the garage. :thumbs:

Lots of Mad orgs out there, some in other countries, also in the us. They have internet support groups with all the information you need on the subject. Probably find people to help make a plan for your circumstance... And have the resources to make it possible.

The plant world offers assistance too, 100's of species in fact. But the plants I would choose don't grow in Ak. Have you considered the reptile world? Nature is full of nasties that can take you out, either growing or crawling. I'm sure the MAD people will know about these options too. Oh, since you're in ak don't forget about a grizzly sow with cubs! A bullet would probably be less messy though.

The plant world offers assistance too, 100's of species in fact. But the plants I would choose don't grow in Ak.
I have abundant Monks Hood.

I have abundant Monks Hood.
I don't know what to do with it. I know not to eat it. I don't think it would be a good exit tool.

No. I need to learn more. But from what little I know; it sounds like Fentanyl would work. I am not shopping or in the market now. But a serious "prepper" is concerned with what might be needed in the future. And knowing how and where to get it.

Is there a "street name" for Fentanyl....???
Leave that crap alone unless you have a PHD in pharmacy. 1 grain of the pure stuff is enough to kill you! Study how to make morphine/opium

That's kind of the point though. What would work well for an unassisted end of life scenario...
Yes I just now realized that.
Well, if you want to know about poisons, I know quite a bit. PM me, we'll take this up in in Email if you want. I know quite a few things that will make one VERY dead in a short amount of time. I am not a fan of suicide, nor am I a fan of enabling it, BUT I'm not a fan of pointless suffering either. we probably shouldn't be discussing this in an open forum guys, feds like to snoop and I'm pretty sure enabling suicide/promoting it is illegal!

It is interesting how "instantly" this thread lost the interest of members as soon as they realized where it was going. Why not prepare for the end..?? Why assume there will be professional medical options available.
I consider myself a "serious" prepper for the future (unknown future). If food & water & shelter are valid considerations, "WHY" not a smooth departure. Part of prepping for an "unknown future" is prepping for medical trauma.
=== ===
I'm not sure what ...psychology 101.. teaches about this subject...
(Dr J, please share some knowledge at a layman level for us)
Many countries have MAD, medical assisted death available under a number of different rules... Some countries more liberal or tightly regulated than others.. It seems most US states have a very wide range of rules of availability and conditions of use than anywhere else.. For instance.. I had a nephew recently pass from lung cancer.. Assisted death was available to him, but the individual state rules to have that option in place if, when the pain factor met the criteria seemed to make it very hard to impossible to be useful.. I also had an X brother in law in Canada pass from lung cancer.. The rules there seemed much more ...useable, patient comfort.. oriented... I use these terms for lack of better wording... Luckily both passed easily, quietly, and with very little pain issues.. I have known a couple other people not so lucky..

Remember... I'm not psychologist, but I did pay for ones education...
Other countries (like Canada) have it right. Its amazing we will euthanize animals and treat them humanely but allow humans to suffer with terrible terminal illness and pain.

Unfortunately I see this a lot. Typically the patient is begging to be made comfortable, but the family cannot let go. So then the patient is unresponsive and medical professionals need to "do everything" in order to placate the family and not get sued (blame the US medical system here). The patient is left suffering at end of life and can catastrophically die on a ventilator, with tubes in every orifice.

The alternative is comfort/palliative care for terminal illness. Similar to hospice, where hospice can be done at home, you can be given opiates for air hunger, etc. Comfort care is done in a hospital where death is imminent. Usually a morphine or fentanyl drip is started and titrated to heart rate/blood pressure. Family is allowed 24/7 visiting and the patient is usually moved to a special room (if available). Chaplains and palliative care team are available to help support the family. This is not euthanasia, rather making someone comfortable so they do not suffer - and allow nature to take its natural course.

A 12 ga shotgun in the mouth usually works if you want to end your life.
Kinda messy and inconsiderate for whoever has to clean up after you, though.
You'd be surprised how many people screw this up and are left debilitated, requiring 24/7 nursing care.

Recently a guy was being consoled by his girl friend in Anchorage, Ak. He shot himself in the head, bullet went in & out other side missing the brain, bullet then killed the lady. He lived.

When the Lord is ready, I will go.
Not before.
I do have a living will and a do not resuscitate. My wife is my health care surrogate.
I am not going to disobey my God by taking my own life.

I chose to maintain an opt-out IF all hope is lost. suicide is discouraged in my path too, I DO NOT want to have to relive a life as crappy as this one again!

I ran an air ambulance service in an area where there was a 1% annual suicide attempt rate. I remember one run where this young gal tried to overdose with Tylenol. When we told her that a death via Tylenol took two weeks and was painful she said, "Is that what I did to myself?" We told her probably not. She took full responsibility for her actions so I had hope for her future.

My point here is that, should you choose to exit this mortal coil, do your research. Ending up as an avocado or a painful, lingering death is no way to go. A local vet tried to off himself with the same drugs he euthanized pets. He was not successful.

I ran an air ambulance service in an area where there was a 1% annual suicide attempt rate. I remember one run where this young gal tried to overdose with Tylenol. When we told her that a death via Tylenol took two weeks and was painful she said, "Is that what I did to myself?" We told her probably not. She took full responsibility for her actions so I had hope for her future.

My point here is that, should you choose to exit this mortal coil, do your research. Ending up as an avocado or a painful, lingering death is no way to go. A local vet tried to off himself with the same drugs he euthanized pets. He was not successful.
Tylenol OD can be reversed with N-acetylcysteine if given in time.
I had a kid once who took a bottle of ibuprofen. There were several days of touch and go, and he needed dialysis for the electrolyte abnormalities. We had to check labs every 2 hours to keep up on the acidosis.
He walked out of the hospital a little over a week later. Poor kid, all the pressures of being a college athlete and away from home. His parents were amazingly supportive and very sweet, sent me a potted plant as a thank you later that week.

Have also had several people put a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger but it just ends up going through their face, maybe a portion of the brain but still survivable.

Had a nurse walk in the ER and collapse. We were doing compressions, trying to get her back. She sits up and yells "What's my potassium level" and then coded again.
She eventually died and we later found out she took a whole bottle of potassium. Her potassium level was >10 (normal is 3.5-5). Anything over 7 you usually start to see ECG changes. A treatment for this is dialysis, however the hospital I was at was rural and had no access to immediate dialysis. You can also try to medically shift it, but at those levels, you'll probably be unsuccessful. You could also float a temporary pacemaker, but none of that equipment was available at that hospital.

Had a nurse walk in the ER and collapse. We were doing compressions, trying to get her back. She sits up and yells "What's my potassium level" and then coded again.
She eventually died and we later found out she took a whole bottle of potassium. Her potassium level was >10 (normal is 3.5-5). Anything over 7 you usually start to see ECG changes. A treatment for this is dialysis, however the hospital I was at was rural and had no access to immediate dialysis. You can also try to medically shift it, but at those levels, you'll probably be unsuccessful. You could also float a temporary pacemaker, but none of that equipment was available at that hospital.
You know, that must be common in the medical profession. Last year I was seeing an OB nurse. She worked at a small regional hospital. One night the hospitalist on duty went into the break room and mainlined an combination of fentanyl and some other sedative. He died immediately. Two days later it came out that our state DCI had him under investigation for stealing fentanyl from the OB unit and selling it. Apparently he was even taking the leftover fentanyl from doses given to women in labor and selling that too. DCI also found video on his phone of him sexually molesting sedated female patients in the hospital. Apparently he knew they were closing in on him. It destroyed that little hospital...

I'm told drinking a gallon of water in under ten minutes can kill you,
it overloads your system.

Chugging a pint of 100% alcohol in less than 30 minutes will stop your heart.
a 5th of Jose Cuervo just makes you hallucinate and bazooka puke, Ask me how
I know...

You know, that must be common in the medical profession. Last year I was seeing an OB nurse. She worked at a small regional hospital. One night the hospitalist on duty went into the break room and mainlined an combination of fentanyl and some other sedative. He died immediately. Two days later it came out that our state DCI had him under investigation for stealing fentanyl from the OB unit and selling it. Apparently he was even taking the leftover fentanyl from doses given to women in labor and selling that too. DCI also found video on his phone of him sexually molesting sedated female patients in the hospital. Apparently he knew they were closing in on him. It destroyed that little hospital...
The medical profession is in a huge state of disarray right now. A lot of substance abuse and depression. We have easy access to all sorts of drugs.
I picked up a GI doc off the bathroom floor who had injected fentanyl. He's been clean going on 15 years now. Had to go to rehab, got his medical license back, worked for a few more years and eventually retired.

I bet it did destroy that little hospital. Small hospitals, you know everyone and you're all close. That's really sad.

The medical profession is in a huge state of disarray right now. A lot of substance abuse and depression. We have easy access to all sorts of drugs.
I picked up a GI doc off the bathroom floor who had injected fentanyl. He's been clean going on 15 years now. Had to go to rehab, got his medical license back, worked for a few more years and eventually retired.

I bet it did destroy that little hospital. Small hospitals, you know everyone and you're all close. That's really sad.
From what I understand, the entire management team got canned. Then the Feds came in along with DCI and the State regulators and cracked down hard on the drug procedures. Before, the leftovers from medical treatments were shot into a bucket that was disposed of every day. At a tiny hospital, an employee may know that only fentanyl has been used that day, and then sneak in and collect it. Now they have to put an agent in the collection bucket that solidifies when moisture hits it and renders the drug solutions unusable, along with much more secure access to the room where this takes place.

The main problem was losing public trust. The theft and sale of drugs was bad enough, but the sex abuse nearly got the whole place shut down and women in the area were rightly concerned about getting treatment there. It was a bad situation...

As a recovered alcoholic active in AA, I have personally heard the stories of pharmacists, doctors, nurses, judges, lawyers, cops, preachers, and other professionals.
Drugs and alcohol are equal opportunity destroyers. It does not matter if you are intelligent or not, rich, famous, none of that.
Average people think alcoholics and addicts are homeless bums that live under the bridge.
This is absolutely not true.

^^^ @rice paddy daddy is right. My ex father in law is one of the most intelligent, capable people I've ever known. He is an engineer by trade and was a facility manager for the government before retirement. But he's also an alcoholic and was in and out of rehab several times in the last 20 years. He was never once unemployed or homeless from it.

Latest posts

Back