Surgery done

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear your surgery is over, but it seems maybe this was almost a week ago? I hope you have a good caregiver or two who can help you our while you are recovering.

Yes, we have a wonderful church family who provided meals for 5 days. The hubs is helping anyway he can and our kids are checking on us.

I'm going to get a scooter tomorrow. Everything was closed by the time I got home.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. How long does that actually take to 'get back on your feet'? I need to get surgery on my feet, also and put it off year after year (bump at the base of each of my big toes. Doc said it's extra bone growth! Makes wearing shoes VERY painful). Glad you got the scooter. I would opt for that, too! I had to use crutches once and found I really have NO upper body strength to move even an inch. Ended up using a wheel chair. Might want to get a bell for that new vehicle while you tool around ~~ zoom-zoom!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. How long does that actually take to 'get back on your feet'? I need to get surgery on my feet, also and put it off year after year (bump at the base of each of my big toes. Doc said it's extra bone growth! Makes wearing shoes VERY painful). Glad you got the scooter. I would opt for that, too! I had to use crutches once and found I really have NO upper body strength to move even an inch. Ended up using a wheel chair. Might want to get a bell for that new vehicle while you tool around ~~ zoom-zoom!

My surgery was for a heel spur on my Rt heel. I put it off until I was in constant pain before I had it fixed. I'm 4 weeks non weight bearing. Then 4 more weeks in a boot.
I'v had my Lft great toe done 3 times. I wasn't supposed to put any wt on it for several weeks. The last time the dr had to resurface the joint. That's been 2 or 3 years ago and no problems.
So, depending on the type of repair done 4 plus weeks off of it. I would not let the dr work on both feet at the same time! It's hard enough with just one.
The longer you wait (voice of experience) the more extensive the repair will ve.

My surgery was for a heel spur on my Rt heel. I put it off until I was in constant pain before I had it fixed. I'm 4 weeks non weight bearing. Then 4 more weeks in a boot.
I'v had my Lft great toe done 3 times. I wasn't supposed to put any wt on it for several weeks. The last time the dr had to resurface the joint. That's been 2 or 3 years ago and no problems.
So, depending on the type of repair done 4 plus weeks off of it. I would not let the dr work on both feet at the same time! It's hard enough with just one.
The longer you wait (voice of experience) the more extensive the repair will ve.
The bones keep growing thru the bottom of my feet where the toes hook on at. The first time I had both feet done at the same time. Never again!! The surgeon had to go through the top of my foot, cut the bones off, then screw them and wire them together. I woke up during the surgery and felt something tugging on my leg, but my vision was all green! I realized that there was a frame with a green curtain on it in front of me. I pulled myself up on the curtain frame and the surgeon was standing down there with a pair of wire cutters in his hand. He looked up and said "What are you doing?" He nodded to a nurse and she did something and I was gone! That was strange and I think of it every time I have had surgery.

The bones keep growing thru the bottom of my feet where the toes hook on at. The first time I had both feet done at the same time. Never again!! The surgeon had to go through the top of my foot, cut the bones off, then screw them and wire them together. I woke up during the surgery and felt something tugging on my leg, but my vision was all green! I realized that there was a frame with a green curtain on it in front of me. I pulled myself up on the curtain frame and the surgeon was standing down there with a pair of wire cutters in his hand. He looked up and said "What are you doing?" He nodded to a nurse and she did something and I was gone! That was strange and I think of it every time I have had surgery.

I had A fib after a bypass operation. They decided to electro cardiovert me. That woke me up. The filter here prevents me from reporting on my language. It was an interesting experience but waking up in a procedure once is enough.

Hubby had it done Jan 3rd and has been up and using his foot like normal for a couple of weeks now. He only used the crutches for a week or so because he hated them, and he's pig headed......

No, he's not pig headed! He's kept his Mancard up to date. That's all.

5 more days to boot time!! I'm so ready to get to walk again. I'v been a reasonably good nurse patient (not). But, I haven't put full wt on it yet. I just haven't been wearing my splint because my shin is so sore! I really don't want to mess things up and have to do it again. When I went back to the dr for a post op visit thete was another lady there that fell on her surgery site the first day and messed hers up. I really felt bad for her!

5 more days to boot time!! I'm so ready to get to walk again. I'v been a reasonably good nurse patient (not). But, I haven't put full wt on it yet. I just haven't been wearing my splint because my shin is so sore! I really don't want to mess things up and have to do it again. When I went back to the dr for a post op visit thete was another lady there that fell on her surgery site the first day and messed hers up. I really felt bad for her!

Good for you! I hope you’re up and around soon.. You’re right, people with medical knowledge make the worst patients…

Also, you hear the strangest conversations at hospitals or the doctor’s office. Long ago I was repairing a catscan at a small hospital. I went down to the cafeteria for lunch. Evidently the 2 ladies at the table behind me had a shared experience. They’d both had their stomachs stapled for a weight problem.

Lady #1 – “I’m having a lot of trouble with my bra sizes, have you?”

Lady #2 – “No, I just roll’em up and tuck them in like socks.”

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Other people in the cafeteria began looking at me in a concerned manner. A couple at the next table asked me if I was okay. I couldn’t answer…

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good for you! I hope you’re up and around soon.. You’re right, people with medical knowledge make the worst patients…

Also, you hear the strangest conversations at hospitals or the doctor’s office. Long ago I was repairing a catscan at a small hospital. I went down to the cafeteria for lunch. Evidently the 2 ladies at the table behind me had a shared experience. They’d both had their stomachs stapled for a weight problem.

Other people in the cafeteria began looking at me in a concerned manner. A couple at the next table asked me if I was okay. I couldn’t answer…

Lol!!! I've heard some of those and many that make the toughest man blush!!

Women claim men talk and think dirty! We aren't as bad as them. Of course our biological differences may have something to do with that! Ya know.
1519326169351_image.jpg

Innkeeper, I wish they had given me 2 or at least another shoe. My gait is a little off and my back is telling me about it!
I can relate, I have one leg just slightly shorter than the other and it has caused problems my whole life.

They want me to wear it a month and I'll try to comply, but I'll be doing good to make it a couple of weeks. My heel is healing so we'll. I'm going to start weaning to a shoe within the next couple of weeks.
don’t push it to much ... be sure to look after yourself

Latest posts

Back