Tattoos?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many tattoos do you have?

Votes: 3 7.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • None

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
No tats and never wanted to get one. No one in the family that I know of, Mom and dad, no, grandparents on either side, no tattoos. I have plenty of scars from axes, knives, stitches and chainsaws, they are markings enough for me.

Peanut mentioned they used to have tattoo guessing, we did also! The WW2 Vets that were fathers of friends and their buddies. You could pick out the things like anchors or Marine Corp insignia pretty well, but you had to guess the dates or names around them.

I see more and more pictures of pretty gals with lots of tattoos. Gab has a few threads: Girls with guns, girls with fish… Very pretty girls, but… The tats on them are a real turn off for me. Seeing ink on their whole arm, or both arms, legs, back. Just does not set me off. And the tattoo’d faces are just too much on anyone. I cringe when I try to ponder what someone was thinking when they got a spider tattoo’d on their forehead or something!

Prospective employee’s came up earlier. If I was hiring, anyone with a facial tattoo would be out, no matter how qualified. All I can see is poor judgement and sooner or later it will happen again and it ain’t gona be at my expense.

I was thinking just the other day when a few tattoo’d girl pictures popped up that I really am glad I am no longer looking for a woman to start a family and to share life with. No matter how sweet she was, I really do not think I could look at a tattoo’d gal for the rest of my life. Maybe a small one or something not so obtrusive perhaps? But the body suit tattoo thing, no.

No offense meant to those that have them, it is your decision. I guess my rural upbringing just never exposed me to the folks that all got tattoo’d up when I was growing up. We were too busy getting yelled at to get stuff done to think about it! HahaHa

@Woody In my youth I had a short involvement with a young woman who had 4 Japanese symbols tattooed on her wrist. It said "mother", "daughter", "sister", and "lover". I didn't mind that one. My niece has a tattoo on her wrist for her uncle on her mom's side. He was a State Trooper who died in the line of duty. She got his badge number with "Never Forgotten" in cursive. Something like that is fine as well. But sleeves and such are no bueno.

Latest posts

Back