That's a "weapon cache"... LOL

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saying everybody needs x... the person speaking has delusions. There is no 1 rule that fits every body. A 30 caliber is nice but it can be a lever action, a bolt action or a semi-auto. (the 30-30 is numerically slightly better than a 7.62 x 39 and the 308 (7.62 x 51) is capable out to 600 yards. At that range you don't need a semi-auto.
Choose weapons for different jobs that you can master and use the right tool for the task at hand.

Saying everybody needs x... the person speaking has delusions. There is no 1 rule that fits every body. A 30 caliber is nice but it can be a lever action, a bolt action or a semi-auto. (the 30-30 is numerically slightly better than a 7.62 x 39 and the 308 (7.62 x 51) is capable out to 600 yards. At that range you don't need a semi-auto.
Choose weapons for different jobs that you can master and use the right tool for the task at hand.
I like guns :). 30-30 (Marlin lever), 30-06(M1Garand, Savage Axis), 7.62x54( Darn Mosin, but the price was right), and bigger(45-70, .58 muzzle stuffers) :). Call me old school.

Last edited:
Different guns for different people for different roles. Me, I don't want to be the one running into the middle of a melee with a semi-auto .223. I want to be the one on a hilltop, 300+ yards away, with a bolt action .308 and a fine scope, getting pissed if I miss my aim point by more than an inch.

If you can keep them at 600 yards or even 300 yards a bolt gun is fine. Under 200 yards I want a semiautomatic with a large magazine. Now, a semiautomatic in say .308 will leave a lot more of them out at 600 yards than a bolt gun.

I like guns :). 30-30 (Marlin lever), 30-06(M1Garand, Savage Axis), 7.62x54( Darn Mosin, but the price was right), and bigger(45-70, .58 muzzle stuffers) :). Call me old school.
The M1 Garand in 30-06 is serious firepower.
Thousands of dead Germans would testify to that, but they are all dead.
The 45-70 don't take no 'prisoners' either. :oops:
And we shot plenty of deer with .58 caliber muzzle-loaders. We cast our own 500 grain minnie-ball bullets (no patch needed:thumbs:).
The dead deer all agreed to it's effectiveness:rolleyes:.
All of the above: not yomama's 22-caliber.

The M1 Garand in 30-06 is serious firepower.
Thousands of dead Germans would testify to that, but they are all dead.
The 45-70 don't take no 'prisoners' either. :oops:
And we shot plenty of deer with .58 caliber muzzle-loaders. We cast our own 500 grain minnie-ball bullets (no patch needed:thumbs:).
The dead deer all agreed to it's effectiveness:rolleyes:.
All of the above: not yomama's 22-caliber.
The 54R has a few dead Nazis on its resume as well. I am most definitely not a fan of the Mosin, to me it's an overly long, clumsy, heavy thing that kicks more than it has a right to. But that 54R round can kill anything from a mouse to a moose...

He is right.
My friends that are so pumped up that their AR is all they will ever need, they get mad when I tell them:
"Shoot some animals with it and see how many run off"
The .223 was developed off of the .222 Remington, which was a varmint cartridge.
The .223 was intended to wound enemy soldiers so that others would be taken out of action by toting him off of the field.
The .30 caliber rounds have been the "man stopper" rounds since WW1.
So I should own a AR-15 so to takeout three men every time I shoot one man?

So I should own a AR-15 so to takeout three men every time I shoot one man?
That only works for the military.
Thugs will happily leave their brother bleeding to death in the street :oops:.

So A 3030, AR-15 & a shotgun.
Well, if the attackers have mean dogs with them, the AR will come in handy :rolleyes:.
The other 2 guns, deadly effective against attackers.

Latest posts

Back