The home of my dreams

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a home, but maybe a workshop.
1648389537116.png

Small , one hopes for a barn, big root cellar and a woodstove I can't see:

View attachment 83949
I think this one is actually a garden "shed" or garden structure. Seems like I saw it and a few others in a magazine or on a blog etc. It is charming and looks quite comfy.

I think this one is actually a garden "shed" or garden structure. Seems like I saw it and a few others in a magazine or on a blog etc. It is charming and looks quite comfy.
I'm sure it was he/she shed, but indeed looks quite comfy.

A caboose would make a decent place to live, about 400 sqft. I once paid $1400 a month for an apartment that size.

I'd prefer boxcar, they are 570-670 sqft. Both are 13 to 17ft high on the inside, lots of storage space, especially a boxcar. You could have extra sleeping areas for kids or guests.

That looks like a shepperds summer cabin in the mountains to me. No wood to burn so had to be dung. Outside kitchen?

I could live there, as long I could dig a lab and workshop underneath, maybe 10Ksqft! 🤣

That looks like a shepperds summer cabin in the mountains to me. No wood to burn so had to be dung. Outside kitchen?

I could live there, as long I could dig a lab and workshop underneath, maybe 10Ksqft! 🤣
Yea, I could see that. I thought it was a little rough around the edges, not sure about that roof. The chimney is newer than the house. I like the lack of neighbors though.

Needs some TLC, but look at that porch!
View attachment 86874
This picture reminds me of a lady I knew who grew up close to where I live. She is long gone, but in 1901 she planted irises near her church. Part of the old church still stands and the land is owned by the state, it's a historical site. The irises have spread all along the front of the property! Many years ago she would always ask how her flowers were doing!!💕

Latest posts

Back