The morning after.....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm dragging. I usually get up at 3 or 4am, but I slept until 5:30 ( which NOW is 6:30 :rolleyes: )
I'm usually making breakfast by now, and I'm still on my first cup of coffee.
This stupid time change throws my whole day(s) off.
It needs to stop. The country needs to pick a time and land on it
The "energy" we're supposed to be "saving" in the evenings we're using in the mornings.
Its just ridiculous

I've reset six watches, four battery-driven clocks, the stove, and the microwave. I forgot the coffee maker...gotta do that in a minute when I go down to refill.

WVDragonLady is right: this is ridiculous. Let's just stay on standard time and be done with it.

Do we really need this anymore? I thought it originated so farmers would have more daylight to work the fields. Farm technology today is more advanced than NASA. I really don't think they need the extra daylight.

Do we really need this anymore? I thought it originated so farmers would have more daylight to work the fields. Farm technology today is more advanced than NASA. I really don't think they need the extra daylight.
Nope not started by farmers. They were actually against it as it messed with their critters. It was started by the gov. I'm much like the critters and have a difficult time with it.

We can switch back to year round standard time at a whim. The problem is that folks want to stay on daylight saving time and to do that we have to get congressional approval.
I am fine with standard time - it is governed by nature not politicians.

All of you know that these are just numbers on a device that wants to tell you when to live your life right, I still don't care about the little devices that want to tell me when to do, they are a tool, your tool, not your boss

Do ya all know that there are people who think that by changing the time on the clock makes the days longer? As in the clocks are what has control over the sun.
There are some really stupid people out there in the real world

Do ya all know that there are people who think that by changing the time on the clock makes the days longer? As in the clocks are what has control over the sun.
Makes you wonder, doesn't it, well more like confirms that idiocracy is a pandemic, which should be dealt with by make the afflicted live in close proximity to one another, OH wait that already exists, universities,

My Dad just use standard time all year, and would not even talk about it other than to point out how stupid it was, me I think clocks are a pain in the brain, but then I don't really think that most of what people think of as important is,

All of you know that these are just numbers on a device that wants to tell you when to live your life right, I still don't care about the little devices that want to tell me when to do, they are a tool, your tool, not your boss
Amen! When I retired, they didn't mean much anymore.
I posted in another thread about having to get a new wall clock that told me what day of the week it is, so I wouldn't check the mail on Sunday. That's about how close I live 'by the clock' today. :rolleyes: When I get sleepy, I go to bed, when I get done sleeping, I get up.
I reset 10 clocks today... almost all of them are 'for the girls'.

Last edited:
The Earth's tilt does that! The Earth is flat to some people😃

Occasionally I have to stop and think about what day of the week it is. Sometime I have to ask or look it up.
The first thing I did when I retired was get rid of my alarm clock. If I need to be up at a certain time I'm just up. No alarm needed.
I still have around 6 clocks that I haven't reset, not counting the cars. I never look at them so it's not a priority.

1647202205466.png

Random observation, Pearl started this thread ant 4:44 on sunday, according to my screen, And my phone decided to wake me up by beeping too tell the universe that it was done charging. at 4:45 Monday.

Amen! When I retired, they didn't mean much anymore.
That's about how close I live 'by the clock' today. :rolleyes: When I get sleepy, I go to bed, when I get done sleeping, I get up.
I reset 10 clocks today... almost all of them are 'for the girls'.
Well, that wasn't completely truthful.
I do have to confess that I do take my nightime meds at exactly 10pm so I don't forget.
If I go to sleep, then I don't remember. :rolleyes:

I am fine with standard time - it is governed by nature not politicians.
Which specific hour is assigned to which specific rotational position of the Earth (or however you want to describe time) is completely arbitrary. Nature doesn't care about humanities need to assign a number to how far the Earth has rotated from an agreed upon randomly picked position. You could holler out, "It's 3:00am! Time for lunch!!!" and nature wouldn't care one bit. Politicians mostly wouldn't care either, except Biden would probably go get his sandwich.

Every time I read the thread heading I think we're talking about the morning after the night before.
You know like when you partied way too hard or woke up and asked who's that next to me in bed. That kind of morning after.
I started the thread, so yeah, maybe, and then the time change was also involved!!😀

Latest posts

Back