The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackberry Smoke has done a lot of remakes of other bands music. One of the best at it I think. I've been lucky enough to see them 4 times. 1st time at the Tennessee Theater leading off for ZZTop. Last 2 times at the nearest Harley shop. They have an outdoor stage and have different bands every Saturday night thru the summer. Never fail to impress.

@Bacpacker , "Ol' 55" was written by Tom Waits, who I also used to listen to, but most people don't like his quality of voice, it's not the greatest. Lol This one by the Eagles may be blocked eventually. I thought about posting Tom Waits' version. We'll see...

Eric Church, Allison Kraus...Did you know Allison Kraus did an album with Robert Plant? I love that album. There's a very old folksong called, Your Long Journey" with a very cool history. They sang that together on that album. Marshall Tucker, Johnny and June Cash
Just finished watching the "Firefly" series and was going to look up their theme song. Gets stuck in my head
I get into folk music moods, and old Christian music moods. Some of it sounds like what my family sings, without music background, and with a little twang. I was surprised to see and hear some posted on youtube, under Amish Kids Singing. Some of it is newer, like Raber's "The Son's Cry". My cousin's know him, he's exAmish.

Lost but not forgotten... well not completely.
Winchester Cathedral Where were you in 1966?

Latest posts

Back