The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frodo Skynard is and has been my favorite band since I was in my teens. Great music. Got to see them live a few times. Wife got to see the original band before the plane crash.

We went to grave site took pictures of us by Ronnie Van Zant's head stone when we were in our 20's or 30's. In Jax Fla. He was one of favorite too.

Last edited:
Frodo Skynard is and has been my favorite band since I was in my teens. Great music. Got to see them live a few times. Wife got to see the original band before the plane crash.

My girlfriend at the time. Here sister was one of the nurses that was in the ER when they were brought in. at UMC in Jackson, That is what i was told, I have no idea if it is true

I never did get the chance to see them. Like you. I have been a fan since 75'

Then we took a military hop to Taiwan For Christmas
2 things happened..1, after buying 30 R&R albums for $1,00 each. The guy at customs taught me a word i have never heard before " Pirated" He took my albums...Sorry Bastid !!!
We got Bumped. So had to spend another 24 hours in the terminal waiting on the next Hop
The ONLY song on the Juke Box in english. i HEARD THIS DAMN SONG over and over and over FOR 24 HOURS. and MY SISTERS NAME IS ANGIE

Then we took a military hop to Taiwan For Christmas
2 things happened..1, after buying 30 R&R albums for $1,00 each. The guy at customs taught me a word i have never heard before " Pirated" He took my albums...Sorry Bastid !!!
We got Bumped. So had to spend another 24 hours in the terminal waiting on the next Hop
The ONLY song on the Juke Box in english. i HEARD THIS DAMN SONG over and over and over FOR 24 HOURS. and MY SISTERS NAME IS ANGIE

My wife shares the name. SHE HATES THIS SONG!

We have a special guest here at The Dixie Clubs, please give a big welcome to Bobby Darin,

Sometimes we can understand why some bands didn't tour much. They did much better in a recording studio. My homey boys, from Virginia.
Hey, @Meerkat I just posted that one the other day, right above your other one, the Royal Scam. So I researched it and it was about drug dealers, but we can put it into whatever context we like. I was considering history and modern times.

Sometimes we can understand why some bands didn't tour much. They did much better in a recording studio. My homey boys, from Virginia.
Hey, @Meerkat I just posted that one the other day, right above your other one, the Royal Scam. So I researched it and it was about drug dealers, but we can put it into whatever context we like. I was considering history and modern times.

Thats ok Patch at least we have an excuse now for forgetting.

Latest posts

Back