The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackberry Smoke is a good band. I've got to see them 3-4 times. First time was at the Tennessee Theatre opening for ZZ Top. That was a good show. More recently they come to a area Harley shop that hosts Saturday night concerts thru the summer. They usually play there at least once a year. They sound like they could have been from the 70's.

Blackberry Smoke is a good band. I've got to see them 3-4 times. First time was at the Tennessee Theatre opening for ZZ Top. That was a good show. More recently they come to a area Harley shop that hosts Saturday night concerts thru the summer. They usually play there at least once a year. They sound like they could have been from the 70's.
i have not seen them. that makes me sad

I saw them once, opening for Journey. They were pretty good from what I recall
Journey? LL I was security for Journey at the texas Jam 1981
I was also security for Frank Zappa, Dr Hook, and the bitch joan jet. LOL She had me tossed out. For taking a piss in her dressing room terlet...HEY..when ya gotta go ya gotta GO

Journey? LL I was security for Journey at the texas Jam 1981
I was also security for Frank Zappa, Dr Hook, and the bitch joan jet. LOL She had me tossed out. For taking a piss in her dressing room terlet...HEY..when ya gotta go ya gotta GO

I saw billy joel get booed off the stage
He was scheduled to preform between FOREIGNER AND JOURNEY
WTH?? who was the idiot that scheduled that? pumps a crowd up with foreigner.. then puts soft rock on
with journey behind them?
I felt sorry for him

I saw billy joel get booed off the stage
He was scheduled to preform between FOREIGNER AND JOURNEY
WTH?? who was the idiot that scheduled that? pumps a crowd up with foreigner.. then puts soft rock on
with journey behind them?
I felt sorry for him

Georgia Jam 1974, I saw the number one band at the time,Allman Brothers gets booed but it was because Greg came out on the stage an hour late and Od carried off on a stretcher.What was even worse the fools played some off the wall bluegrass for that whole hour, Grag wasn't the only one overdosed, the medic tent was packed.Marchall Tucker came on and things settled down.ZZTops, Lynerd Skynerd, did great.
My cousin loved concerts so she always got tickets for us.

It won't be the first time the bands have shared a stage; the two iconic acts were on the same bill at the Georgia Jam June 1, 1974, at Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta.

Regarding the upcoming tour, Gregg All

Last edited:
The area my sister lived in (Maryland), 1990's, she'd go zydeco dancing with a few friends. One guy I've been friends with a long time learned how to play the accordion (zydeco style) and it was alot of fun to listen to him play. Kids loved it. It's not for everyone.

Back