The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Country fried death metal? southern emo? whatever. I kind of like it.

An hour's worth.
Good stuff to listen to when you're in the middle of nowhere wondering what that pretty blue light is thats getting closer....and closer.

Last edited:
Music is a very special place for many folks. Music to to myself is very important! I listen to folk all the way to heavy metal ! I listen to groups people have never heard of and have A vinyl collection that would make some sick! And boy if you don’t listen good country you as sure not going to like my blue grass!

Music is a very special place for many folks. Music to to myself is very important! I listen to folk all the way to heavy metal ! I listen to groups people have never heard of and have A vinyl collection that would make some sick! And boy if you don’t listen good country you as sure not going to like my blue grass!
Ditto man. Just whatever moves me. I even have some Franciscan monks doing their thing, American Indian drums and 50's era be bop.

I've been dipping into some of the more experimental songs from the 70s. "Kashmir" from Led Zeppelin is one of the best known, but they made a lot of other progressive, experimental music too. The old drummer in me loves this one because it alternates between 5/4 time and 6/8 time, which gives it a brooding, tribal feel. The drummer, John Bonham, played the song with two sticks in each hand, hence the name...

I've been dipping into some of the more experimental songs from the 70s. "Kashmir" from Led Zeppelin is one of the best known, but they made a lot of other progressive, experimental music too. The old drummer in me loves this one because it alternates between 5/4 time and 6/8 time, which gives it a brooding, tribal feel. The drummer, John Bonham, played the song with two sticks in each hand, hence the name...

IMO John Bonham is the greatest drummerbof all time. The dude was a beast behind the kit

I happened to think of John Prine earlier tonight, been a fan since I was a kid. Most of you have heard his song "Paradise" (daddy wont you take me back to muhlenberg county)

Anyway, I was searching for one of his other songs found this news article for tomorrow... They named a park on the Green river after him. The article is longer, just posted a couple lines.

Muhlenberg County is also close to where our Jim lives...

I attached 2 tub links at the bottom

The late John Prine honored today with unveiling of the new “John Prine Memorial Park at Rochester Dam”

https://www.wbko.com/2022/10/02/lat...g-new-john-prine-memorial-park-rochester-dam/
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) - The late country singer/songwriter, John Prine, was honored Saturday afternoon in Muhlenberg County with the unveiling of the new “John Prine Memorial Park at Rochester Dam.”

If you have ever heard the song called “Paradise” by the late John Prine, you would know he is writing about his parent’s small town known as Paradise in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky.

His wife, Fiona, says she knew all about “Paradise” the moment her and John met...

Paradise the song, just the music

Longer version with nice intro an history.

Latest posts

Back