The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonight I happened to catch the Grand Ole Opry radio show out of Nashville on an AM station. Didn't even know it was still around, so many changes to radio stations. It was a great show... reception was crappy, finally lost the station on the way home.

Now I happen to be watch an episode of "Live at the Ryman" a Ken Burns production. It's about the root of country, which means bluegrass... Tonight I've heard several songs I haven't heard since I was a child playing them. Very fond memories... Wish all you folks could hear this.

Tonight I happened to catch the Grand Ole Opry radio show out of Nashville on an AM station. Didn't even know it was still around, so many changes to radio stations. It was a great show... reception was crappy, finally lost the station on the way home.

Now I happen to be watch an episode of "Live at the Ryman" a Ken Burns production. It's about the root of country, which means bluegrass... Tonight I've heard several songs I haven't heard since I was a child playing them. Very fond memories... Wish all you folks could hear this.
Me too! Got any song names, artists?

That wasn't one of their big hits. But it's a great song. I hate I was sick and missed them when they came here in 2020. Never have got to see them.

Here is a song I heard on the radio yesterday I had forgotten about.

When Free was starting out, all the guys were teens. Rogers was the oldest at 18. The drummer is also in Bad Company for all these years. It's amazing Rogers voice still sounds like it did that long ago. Not many can do that.
Walsh was very good when Kansas first came out. I thought the entire band was awesome back then

Latest posts

Back