There is "actual" reality, and then there is your "Chosen" fantasy.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Has Abnormalcy Bias does not - Automatically - equal "Believes in Conspiracy Theories"...

Personally, I would state the above, as-edited above - which is strictly My Opinion. :)

For me (again, personally..) a bias towards Abnormalcy bias ;) is what Helps me, actually, sieve-thru what are clearly Theories (ie: 'shape shifting lizard people' are the ones really running things :) ) - from what are clearly Actual Conspiracies. I may listen to the 'theories' (and listen Well..) but then compare the Anecdotal - with the Empirical - and then with History - to arrive at a 'net-weight'.

..But the notion that 'Everyone, everywhere, would Have to "be In on it", for [conspiracy X] to really Be one' is, Imo, more of an example of Normalcy bias, and that is Exactly what those who foment actual conspiracies (ie: the Cee Eye Aye, et al..) bank on to achieve success: En masse 'dismissal', because 'no way Everyone-necessary would be 'in on it'... :rolleyes:

To the contrary, 'Occams Razor' applies here as well, because even IF there were scads of astute-enough people (to 'run the math' on what was being proposed / going to happen..) who were also Bold and articulate-enough to 'whistle-blow successfully', well.. Propaganda / disinfo is SO powerful a Machine, now, that even those 'scads' would be quickly, and summarily discredited / disavowed, probably disciplined (ie: all those Fired for 'daring' to simply want More Data, before they were willing to accept an Undeniably-experimental medical treatment, etc..) and, heh.. maybe Some would even end up defenestrated. ;)

I submit 'Exhibit A': Musk cracking open Casks of nefarious - and Clear - conspiracies, which have been roundly dismissed as 'Right-wing Extremist theories', by those so-embroiled because... Well.. 'because we Said So, Facts and Clear-Evidence heresay be damned!'... :rolleyes:

I shall rest it there, but.. I heartily-concur: Biases are usually the Greatest threat to success, and often, even Deadly.
jd

And so basically 90+ percent of the time we have zero idea what the hell is going on. And at some point, we must have a shot of Tequila and proclaim; "Screw-it we are going forward". DUS VAULT

I think in order to acknowledge the truth about what is, one would have to acknowledge that they were lied to and also they believed the lies and incorporated those lies into their reality and truth.
The ego tends to not like that it's been duped. It takes a willingness, copious sessions of critical thought concerning belief systems, family, culture, disfunction in all and some psychological gymnastics in ones core system to understand, process n unveil what really is.
It would be eaiser to remain ignorant and gently plod along life and not question the system we were told to believe.
But that would require either not questioning all the bs to begin with or a intentional lack of integrity. I think alot of people just cant handle the truth.
In my opinion, As our society becomes more and more techy..the people on the other side of this "smart "world become less adept to deciphering reality n who is being controlled.

Latest posts

Back