Thought for the day

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are a Red State, and the big cities don't dominate the political landscape the way they do in other states.

I moved here after I graduated from College, and never regretted it. It was a good move for me.
I assume you don't live in the sewers, KC and St. Louis. I live north of Joplin. Even our local grocery store sells ammo.

I assume you don't live in the sewers, KC and St. Louis. I live north of Joplin. Even our local grocery store sells ammo.

True, but I am still in St Louis county. Far enough from the city that I don't have to deal with the city problems, but close enough to take advantage of the benefits when we so choose.

North of Joplin is a nice area. I used to spend a lot of time in the Springfield area when I was a road warrior.

majority.jpg

True, but I am still in St Louis county. Far enough from the city that I don't have to deal with the city problems, but close enough to take advantage of the benefits when we so choose.

North of Joplin is a nice area. I used to spend a lot of time in the Springfield area when I was a road warrior.
Violent crime is rare here.

I love it. Couldn't be more appropriate in this day and age.
I am co-authoring a book with a kid I've been mentoring in Gambia modelled on "Up From Slavery"...called "Up From Poverty". Booker's life is more than interesting and it was Teddy Roosevelt that took a special interest in his new friend. His quotes are quite on the money. He even describes Al Sharpton and Joy Reid in this first quote: https://www.azquotes.com/author/15322-Booker_T_Washington

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken.
Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
~Carl Sagan

Latest posts

Back