Today, Saturday I just bought a couple grand worth of Silver

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold is down over $55 today.
Update time.
Gold is down another $55 today, to $2302.60 .
Hopefully, anybody looking to sell, nailed it when it was over $2400.
Silver is back down to $26.61 .
Sorry, it's annoying graph time:(:
Screenshot_20240430-134016_kindlephoto-1600069671.png

Looks like we need a new panic:(.

Last edited:
Update time.
View attachment 129022
I was probably late to the PM game simply due to life, but I am still way in the black. Anyone who has had it for a while is far beyond me.

Update time.
View attachment 129022
I got the fun money out when it was peaking. Still keeping my 10% in to cover for crazy stuff.

There are some trends that only look at month end numbers. Dow vs gold is an example. Jim Rickards news letter suggested the gold price is being manipulated to ensure it didn't finish the month above $2300.

I am ok with that because the primary method of driving down the price of gold is to sell it cheap. Eventually they will run out of gold to sell.

Ben

China is buying gold. It kinda makes one wonder exactly why? Perhaps they see the US Treasuries as future junk? Some think it's an indicator that China is getting ready to invade Taiwan. Still, if China is buying gold and not US debt, then it is worth paying attention to.

Personally, I think inflation is going to get much much worse. In that environment, PM's would be a good place to store wealth. I bought my PM's with the intention of keeping them and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I don't put too much stock in the daily or montly values b/c it's a long term investment for me. IF all goes well in our economy (doubtful) then my kids will have some metal to deal with. I'm sure they won't mind.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nt-and-center-of-gold-s-record-breaking-rally

China is buying gold. It kinda makes one wonder exactly why? Perhaps they see the US Treasuries as future junk? Some think it's an indicator that China is getting ready to invade Taiwan. Still, if China is buying gold and not US debt, then it is worth paying attention to.

Personally, I think inflation is going to get much much worse. In that environment, PM's would be a good place to store wealth. I bought my PM's with the intention of keeping them and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I don't put too much stock in the daily or montly values b/c it's a long term investment for me. IF all goes well in our economy (doubtful) then my kids will have some metal to deal with. I'm sure they won't mind.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nt-and-center-of-gold-s-record-breaking-rally
Not just Chin@: 🐝 R l C $ (yep - code on that one) They are forming a "backed" cu rren cy.

Personally, I think inflation is going to get much much worse. In that environment, PM's would be a good place to store wealth. ...
With gold so high, it is so tough to "buy."

And yet, if we remember we are just transferring wealth from one form into another (with a transaction cost, of course), and if we really believe the other form of wealth (gold) is more durable in tough times than our normal form of wealth (currency), and if we believe tough times are coming, then it totally makes sense to exchange the less durable form of wealth for the more durable form of wealth.

I thought I might be done buying when gold went over $2000/ozt. But........

With gold so high, it is so tough to "buy."

And yet, if we remember we are just transferring wealth from one form into another (with a transaction cost, of course), and if we really believe the other form of wealth (gold) is more durable in tough times than our normal form of wealth (currency), and if we believe tough times are coming, then it totally makes sense to exchange the less durable form of wealth for the more durable form of wealth.

I thought I might be done buying when gold went over $2000/ozt. But........
I don't think an all in/ out position is good for us. I like the bottom minimum 10% in. We move in and out when the time seems right.

Not investing advise. Just my musings.

Ben

Latest posts

Back