Top 100 Movies (Rating by IMBD)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pride & Prejudice is a good one, with Sutherland & Knightley.

"Two bits, four bits, six bits, a peso. All for Zorro, stand up and say so!"
Which one? Or any and all of them?

For a couple months or so, there was a man who walked to my local dog park, wearing a gaucho hat. The first time I saw him, he was wearing all black. He wore a face mask, but the COVID kind, not the Zorro mask. One day he comes walking up and I say to the group of people I am hanging out with, "Look at this guy." Someone says, "Zorro!" He did not interact with anyone, but we were all fascinated. I suggested that he might in fact be from South America and not speak English. One of the men in the group I was in is from Argentina, so fluent in Spanish. Then a few weeks ago, Zorro stopped coming to the dog park. I had hoped that the guy from Argentina would speak to Zorro but I don't think he ever did.

Last edited:
Pride & Prejudice is a good one, with Sutherland & Knightley.
I agree, but I also like the 1995 version with Colin Firth. I own both of them on DVD. For a long time, I didn't care for the Colin Firth version. Then I read the book and somehow, that changed it for me. Colin Firth version is definitely longer. I liked Keira Knightley in P and P, so I looked for other things she was in. She is in The Duchess and Anna Karenina, Pirates of the Caribbean among other things. I think I saw Pirates of the Caribbean, but have no memory of it and certainly not her.

Keira Knightley was in a sad movie where everyone in the "school" was birthed & raised to be spare parts for rich people. So one day you would get up & a friend/classmate was just gone & would never come back.
Never let me go is the title.

Keira Knightley was in a sad movie where everyone in the "school" was birthed & raised to be spare parts for rich people. So one day you would get up & a friend/classmate was just gone & would never come back.
Never let me go is the title.
Sounds like a horrible movie to me. Thanks for the heads up.

I cannot believe that "How the West Was Won" is not in that list. The 3-hour movie had just about every famous Hollywood actor in it.
1621779296409.png

1621779477970.png

I used to be a huge movie fan, but their politics have driven me away; that and the fact that 99% of what they make is absolute garbage.

I wouldn't give you 2 cents for any top movie list that doesn't include what I would consider classics: The Wizard of Oz; Gone with the Wind; the aforementioned How the West Was Won; the Ten Commandments; Ben Hur to name a few.

Latest posts

Back