Toyota suv

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will add that there are a few things that I'm unhappy with on my Highlander. I hate the time it takes for the computer to start. It's not that long but when I get in a car I want to go then, not 20 seconds later. I don't like the adaptive cruise control but that's on a lot of cars now days. And the other thing, & I find this surprising is the time that it takes for them to fix recalls. There was a recall on my Highlander about a year ago for the front bumper falling off. Still no fix on that one. Now there's also a recall on the front passenger air bag & still no fix for that.
I don't like adaptive cruise control either. Did you know about the way to shut off the adaptive CC on Toyotas? At least on my Tacoma, holding the CC button in for 3 seconds disables the adaptive cruise radar and turns it into a normal CC. It took me a while to figure that out.

I like Toyotas, had a couple. But, the best car we ever bought, and can't believe they quit making them, is our 2006 Saturn Ion! Over 400,000 miles and the the only things done to it were a couple of recalls they had. Paint job is peeling, they should have recalled that, but I don't care, it runs smooth, gets 28 mpg in town, still!
I think they quit making them because they were so good!

I like Toyotas, had a couple. But, the best car we ever bought, and can't believe they quit making them, is our 2006 Saturn Ion! Over 400,000 miles and the the only things done to it were a couple of recalls they had. Paint job is peeling, they should have recalled that, but I don't care, it runs smooth, gets 28 mpg in town, still!
I think they quit making them because they were so good!
I had a Saturn once, I think it was an SL2. Bought it with 128k on it in 2010 for $1500. It died at 183k. The computer brain crapped the bed. It was noisy, slow, rough riding and uncomfortable but it was a cheap car when I was getting a divorce and I was broke. It did what I needed it to do, I guess. I got 55,000 fairly reliable miles for 1500 bucks. But I don't miss driving it...

I had a Saturn once, I think it was an SL2. Bought it with 128k on it in 2010 for $1500. It died at 183k. The computer brain crapped the bed. It was noisy, slow, rough riding and uncomfortable but it was a cheap car when I was getting a divorce and I was broke. It did what I needed it to do, I guess. I got 55,000 fairly reliable miles for 1500 bucks. But I don't miss driving it...
Dang, I think you may be the first one I've talked to that's had a bad one. But there's always bad ones in every batch.

Dang, I think you may be the first one I've talked to that's had a bad one. But there's always bad ones in every batch.
I don't think it was a bad car. It was already old when I got it. I don't remember the year for sure, I think maybe it was a '94. I had to replace the drivers seat because the seat back broke. I went to a junkyard and got one for about 50 bucks. It was gray and my car had a tan interior. Who cares? There were a few other bits and pieces that broke, but nothing that was out of the ordinary. It did what I needed - what more can I ask for, for 1500 bucks?

I don't think it was a bad car. It was already old when I got it. I don't remember the year for sure, I think maybe it was a '94. I had to replace the drivers seat because the seat back broke. I went to a junkyard and got one for about 50 bucks. It was gray and my car had a tan interior. Who cares? There were a few other bits and pieces that broke, but nothing that was out of the ordinary. It did what I needed - what more can I ask for, for 1500 bucks?
I wouldn't mind finding another ion, or vue, for $1500 bucks, they are so much simpler than other cars. Reminds me of a pre 73 car their so simply made. Never messed with a SL2 before.

Latest posts

Back