Tractors

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We keep a couple of Kabotas on the place. I rebuilt several As and Bs when I was younger, you can’t do much with them in this area but I just love to hear them pop!

IMG_3195.png
IMG_3196.png
IMG_3197.png

How about BP and me jump-starting a thread that has been dead for over 5 years?:dancing:
On topic: The JD model R.
The father of the JD820:
0415H1-2661A-1540x800.jpg

If you thought the model A had big lungs, the model R had 415 cubic inches in 2 jugs!:oops:
...His son the 820, an unbelievable 470 cubic inches!!!:eyeballs:
(Feel free to throw the TMI flag if needed:rolleyes:)

Here is a 1950 G Model JD. One step up from the A.

View attachment 128744
With 412 cubic inches, the model G was no slacker!
The tractor was equipped with a two-cylinder side-by-side 34-horsepower (25 kW) engine, of 412.5-cubic-inch (6,760 cm3) displacement. Both gasoline and kerosene-fueled versions were available. About 64,000 Model Gs were built at the John Deere factory in Waterloo, Iowa.
Kerosene? :oops:

How about BP and me jump-starting a thread that has been dead for over 5 years?:dancing:
On topic: The JD model R.
The father of the JD820:
0415H1-2661A-1540x800.jpg

If you thought the model A had big lungs, the model R had 415 cubic inches in 2 jugs!:oops:
...His son the 820, an unbelievable 470 cubic inches!!!:eyeballs:
(Feel free to throw the TMI flag if needed:rolleyes:)
And there forebearer the D started out at 465 ci, and grew to 501 at the end of production,

They do need to be told they made a bad decision in their life. Living on top of another is never a good idea.
Aw c'mon now, you got a pretty tractor, post some pictures of it. :)

Latest posts

Back