• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Two "EIGHT" acre tracts ALASKA

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The farm loop area is drop dead gorgeous and I know the area pretty well. I drive by that area every time I head to town. You just get those occasional hurricane force winds. But you just plan for them.

Its still a bit chilly out my way at -2 with a nice brisk wind. Not too bad though with the sun being out in a few hours.

Huh I guess I'm tougher than I thought. I know when I go to the lower 48 I can't hardly wait to get home. I would have a hard time living there. Way tooooo much government man !
Summer is the best place in the world. And to me so is winter. I embrace it and enjoy it. Snogos, ice fishing. Riding n seeing the most beautiful sights anywhere. And no people per say.
I can take care of myself n me n family can work together as a team.
I also find a bit of irony in the seemingly thoughts that are on a prepping sight are so concerned about being able to take care of themselves. Homes n cars have heaters.
Hey I know that I probably have a different perspective n not trying to be condescending. Many reasons folks live where they are. Seniors are treated pretty respectfully here.
For me, I'm ready to grab up our family n head out anytime and be able to do ok. And very blessed that I like in a place that I can.
. Like everything it's all perspective

Lot #4 has sold, currently only one tract available, the tract with the waterfalls.

Last edited:
Last Friday we closed on the sale of half of the roughly 16 acres here in Sunrise.
We still have 7.6 acres for sale, it is nearly 1/4 mile deep, with creek and a nearly 30-foot-high waterfalls on the property. Underground electric, water well, septic system, small cabin.

The bottomline......right up front. This will appeal to many but will work for only a very-very few. Mostly because of cost. Property here is super unique and has been doubling in price every few years. There is very little private property here, only 10 humans live here, it is in the Chugach National Forest, and has 28-foot waterfalls on the property for gravity feed water, and possible power generation. Been drinking water from this creek (unfiltered & untreated) for 23 years. Also, two high volume water wells, and new septic system. Ask questions.

Sunrise/Hope is one of the prettiest areas of Alaska. Tall, heavily forested mountains, clear streams, and the ocean (Turnagain Arm) all working together to create one heck of a landscape.

Congrats on the sale. Good luck on your last parcel.

Weeks (Not many) away from stunningly beautiful fall/autumn season.

1659548841504.png

Oh to be younger and have my wife agree, the power generating potential for that stream is incredible, on the other hand, we'll be fortunate to stay living where we are now.

Latest posts

Back