Up coming digital money grab by the government

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
We have all heard of Biden plan to turn our country into a cashless society by going digital
I am wondering. Would this be against the 4th amendment
be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,

Our paper money and coin is
Papers and effects

I I disagree that a government can make your money worthless and make another means valuable

I think it would be legal if the economy crashed and the dollar was worthless then a new means of currency would be legal

But to declare the dollar worthless when it is not. Is a violation of our right

Uneducated post. Just an opinon

I disagree that a government can make your money worthless and make another means valuable

I think it would be legal if the economy crashed and the dollar was worthless then a new means of currency would be legal

But to declare the dollar worthless when it is not. Is a violation of our right

Uneducated post. Just an opinion
Yep.
The minute our money becomes worthless, all of the tax-dollars the government lives off of, would become worthless.
Do you really think they would let that happen? :oops:

The US dollar is NOT a fiat currency, contrary to popular belief. So long as it's the world's "go to currency", the US will remain solvent. The US Military is the "precious metal" backing it, up. Evil forces are out to destroy the USA. Vote for "you know who" on November 5th....

Tha
The US dollar is NOT a fiat currency, contrary to popular belief. So long as it's the world's "go to currency", the US will remain solvent. The US Military is the "precious metal" backing it, up. Evil forces are out to destroy the USA. Vote for "you know who" on November 5th....
thats the rub, the dollar is loosing the battle against the Chinese yen or yang or whatever
And the dem party is helping
The yen will be replacing the dollar if the dems remain in powerful

We have all heard of Biden plan to turn our country into a cashless society by going digital
be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,
Papers and effects
I don't know where y'all have been, but 95% of all transactions in this country are electronic (digital).
If the govt wanted to tweak it, all they would have to do is move some 1's and zeros. :rolleyes:

BRICS. More and more countries are getting off the US Dollar because they don't want to remain beholden to US demands. Many countries going back to the gold standard.

Yes, BRICS! The US has been incredibly irresponsible with its debt and money printing. This is why it WILL lose its Reserve Currency status. This is why the US has been thus far able to continue to print money and incur enormous debt, all with nary a problem. Once we lose RCS, the game is over.

But this is a separate issue from going from fiat currency to digital. The US government WILL eventually convert to digital, and it will happen in the near future.

WHY? Because first and foremost, it completely streamlines the entire process. There will be no need for vaults to house currency - goodbye Federal Reserve System, goodbye to branch banking, goodbye to the BEP (Bureau of Engraving and Printing), goodby to checks and drafts.. Then there is the issue of the Government then being able to electronically control your spending or seize your "credits". There will be no more anonymous purchasing. Everything you purchase will be recorded by "the bank" where your credits are stored.

By the way, the US Dollar is indeed a "FIAT CURRENCY", regardless of what it's backed by. The currency itself is worthless, but it's what "backs" it that gives it value, and currently that is the faith in the solvency of the US Government.

I'm pretty sure this came from a post here, but it's worth posting again.

A cashless society means absolutely no cash. Zero. It doesn't mean mostly-cashless and you can still use a wee bit of cash here and there. Cashless means fully digital, fully traceable and fully controlled. Those advocating a cashless society may not be aware of what they're asking for.

A cashless society means:
  • No more tuck-away cash for those preparing to leave domestic violence
  • No more purchases off-marketplace unless you want to risk bank transfer fraud
  • No more garage sales
  • No more cash donations to hungry homeless you pass
  • No more cash slipped into the hands of a child from their grandparent
  • No more money in birthday cards
  • No more piggy banks or tooth fairy for your child
  • No more selling bits and pieces from your home that you no longer want or need for a bit of cash in return
  • Less choices of where you purchase based on affordability
  • Absolute dependence on the infrastructure - internet, power - required to conduct a single transaction
  • The safety of your wealth is only as good as the digital security banks can provide
  • Those with no knowledge, bank accounts, or mobile phones will struggle to keep up with evolving cashless technology
  • Negative interest rates will have a more direct effect on consumers
  • Payment providers could charge fees for every transaction
What a cashless society guarantees:
  • Banks have full control of every single cent you own
  • Every transaction you make is recorded
  • All your movements and actions are traceable
  • Government will decide what you may and may not purchase and can order banks to freeze accounts instantaneously

I have no doubt that expenses would increase to soak up savings so you could never hope to save enough to leave the city to buy a homestead. Just one example. The more one thinks about CBDCs the worse the idea becomes.

Yes, BRICS! The US has been incredibly irresponsible with its debt and money printing. This is why it WILL lose its Reserve Currency status. This is why the US has been thus far able to continue to print money and incur enormous debt, all with nary a problem. Once we lose RCS, the game is over.

But this is a separate issue from going from fiat currency to digital. The US government WILL eventually convert to digital, and it will happen in the near future.

WHY? Because first and foremost, it completely streamlines the entire process. There will be no need for vaults to house currency - goodbye Federal Reserve System, goodbye to branch banking, goodbye to the BEP (Bureau of Engraving and Printing), goodby to checks and drafts.. Then there is the issue of the Government then being able to electronically control your spending or seize your "credits". There will be no more anonymous purchasing. Everything you purchase will be recorded by "the bank" where your credits are stored.

By the way, the US Dollar is indeed a "FIAT CURRENCY", regardless of what it's backed by. The currency itself is worthless, but it's what "backs" it that gives it value, and currently that is the faith in the solvency of the US Government.
Per last sentence, hence the words "In God We Trust" on currency. Should be, "God Help Us If We Go Broke".

I'm pretty sure this came from a post here, but it's worth posting again.

A cashless society means absolutely no cash. Zero. It doesn't mean mostly-cashless and you can still use a wee bit of cash here and there. Cashless means fully digital, fully traceable and fully controlled. Those advocating a cashless society may not be aware of what they're asking for.

A cashless society means:
  • No more tuck-away cash for those preparing to leave domestic violence
  • No more purchases off-marketplace unless you want to risk bank transfer fraud
  • No more garage sales
  • No more cash donations to hungry homeless you pass
  • No more cash slipped into the hands of a child from their grandparent
  • No more money in birthday cards
  • No more piggy banks or tooth fairy for your child
  • No more selling bits and pieces from your home that you no longer want or need for a bit of cash in return
  • Less choices of where you purchase based on affordability
  • Absolute dependence on the infrastructure - internet, power - required to conduct a single transaction
  • The safety of your wealth is only as good as the digital security banks can provide
  • Those with no knowledge, bank accounts, or mobile phones will struggle to keep up with evolving cashless technology
  • Negative interest rates will have a more direct effect on consumers
  • Payment providers could charge fees for every transaction
What a cashless society guarantees:
  • Banks have full control of every single cent you own
  • Every transaction you make is recorded
  • All your movements and actions are traceable
  • Government will decide what you may and may not purchase and can order banks to freeze accounts instantaneously

I have no doubt that expenses would increase to soak up savings so you could never hope to save enough to leave the city to buy a homestead. Just one example. The more one thinks about CBDCs the worse the idea becomes.
THAT was worth posting again! Too many people think, "l can use my credit card instead of cash", but there WON'T be credit cards!! You WILL HAVE TO HAVE a smart device, like it or not, AND what was ONCE YOUR MONEY will be big brother's money! You will have allotments for gas, groceries, etc.!! Vacation, HAHA, you aren't spending digital money on that!! Everything you do WILL BE CONTROLLED!!

Papers and effects
SO the question is...how do we fight it? It isn't OK, this change to cashless.

Thats the rub, the dollar is loosing the battle against the Chinese yen or yang or whatever
And the dem party is helping
The yuan will be replacing the dollar if the dems remain in powerful
There's an idea that may well be tried in Trump 2.0...by making sure Chinese workers get world parity pay and conditions or onerous tariffs will be placed on imports. This will make over 1B Chinese workers love Donald Trump...and put an end to the CCP.

Latest posts

Back