We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about some bluegrass to get the blood flowing this morning... I could pick this when my hands were young and quick. Now I'm doing good to keep up with the rhythm.

This is Kenny Smith picking guitar, smooth and clean. Black Mtn Rag...

Most of you have probably never heard of larry cordle but i'm pretty sure you've heard his songs. He's written some great ones.

From his bio... At last count, Cordle’s songs had appeared on projects that (to date) have sold a combined total of more than 55 million records. Artists such as Ricky Skaggs, Alison Krauss, Rhonda Vincent, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Reba McEntire, Diamond Rio, Alan Jackson, Trace Adkin

The is a song of his I like to play... '67 Malibu.

Most of you have probably never heard of larry cordle but i'm pretty sure you've heard his songs. He's written some great ones.

From his bio... At last count, Cordle’s songs had appeared on projects that (to date) have sold a combined total of more than 55 million records. Artists such as Ricky Skaggs, Alison Krauss, Rhonda Vincent, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Reba McEntire, Diamond Rio, Alan Jackson, Trace Adkin

The is a song of his I like to play... '67 Malibu.

View attachment 126072
These first two show a 0 second video (aka nothing there) 😕

It's an mp3 wrapped in a video package. There is no video... audio only, starts at the 5sec mark.
IMG_6865.png

Must just be me. Nothing plays- even audio. I was able to hear it last time. Also, please don’t go out of your way just for me. I was just letting you know. Not sure if others can hear it.

View attachment 126102
Must just be me. Nothing plays- even audio. I was able to hear it last time. Also, please don’t go out of your way just for me. I was just letting you know. Not sure if others can hear it.

Wow, that's interesting. What i see is nothing like that. I get a bar at the bottom. The left button plays the audio. Here is a screen save...

At the bottom... I posted the song as an mp3 only, can you see or play it now?

2024-03-09 17-24-50.jpg

Mp3 only...

Last edited:
Wow, that's interesting. What i see is nothing like that. I get a bar at the bottom. The left button plays the audio. Here a screen save...

At the bottom... I posted the song as an mp3 only, can you see or play it now?

View attachment 126103

Mp3 only...

View attachment 126104
Yep! 😁. I can hear that one. (Hubby doesn’t know the song but began singing along 😂)

Larry Cordle writes 'fun' songs, for the most part. Simple, nice melodies with strong bluegrass roots. Larry grew up near the Skaggs family in KY. He knew them well, played music with both ricky skaggs and keith whitley as a teenager. Anyway I have a couple of his cd's, enjoy his music.

@Peanut you must be in a good area for music, I have been going uptown since 1966 and have a lot of history in the clubs and with some of the older band and sessions players.

There is a lot of history in the riversbend area.

I went to school with a really great song writer around here, he moved to Nashville and went to the Grammys to take one of those golden Victrolas.

One of the nicest people you could ever know.

I have always loved music, but I have always known the depth of the commitment and the chains it can wrap around your soul.

I played just for a release from daily stress, but my wrists are not flexible enough to play really like I need to so I don't anymore.

My music teacher was a first chair concert cellist in a symphony orchestra and had the chains tightly wrapped any small deference was like a knife to him.

I was glad to have his knowledge and his depth of perfection.

I was able to play classical, but I liked more modern types of music and old standards

This was my long term sit down and relax song, it is so complete and it flows like a fast river drawing you along with it as it sweeps away everything but the song!!

This is a very short version I prefer the longer about 8 minute version.

Latest posts

Back