We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray Manzarek, Most famous for playing the keyboard in "The Doors," Manzarek joined the Army during the buildup to Vietnam. He served in Thailand and Okinawa before being kicked out. Manzarek, who had been a student at UCLA Film School before enlisting, returned to college. Only two months after graduation, Manzarek and Jim Morrison formed "The Doors" and became icons.

I fast forwarded it to Manzerek,

Last edited:
@Meerkat I showed my 19 y.o. the photo of Ricky Nelson you posted here, didn't you? a couple nights ago. Her response was hilarious. See, it doesn't matter what generation, any young woman would think Ricky was handsome. I played the Garden Party song for her and she liked it. LOL

Last edited:
@Meerkat I showed my 19 y.o. the photo of Ricky Nelson you posted here, didn't you? a couple nights ago. Her response was hilarious. See, it doesn't matter what generation, any young woman would think Ricky was handsome. I played the Garden Party song for her and she liked it. LOL

Patch I read some of the YouTube replies down in comments. And it surprised me how many kids will comment about our 'old' music being so good. Say hings like" I love your generations songs wish my generation had songs like that".Not mine of course just songs in general od our generations.

More 80's music. These guys were one of the first Christian Rock Bands. They had a large following back in the day. Lyrics are pretty good if you catch them.

the hair, the "costumes", even the instruments...I'm sorry, I just can't even listen. But I did look up the lyrics. At least they had hearts. LOL
:blow up: edited to add: just to be clear, I was talking about Stryper, but those girls! haha

Last edited:
I know there are others but I counld'nt find them. :thumbs:

Eddie Albert, that starred on Green Acres ran a landing craft at Tarawa. The landing of Marines on the beaches of Tarawa did not go well at all, and many Marines were stranded out on the portions of the lagoon reef that their landing craft had the misfortune to run aground on. They were stuck, and easy targets for the Japanese to pick off. Albert took a landing craft out, and made many rescue trips to pick up the Marines that were wounded, and trapped on the exposed reef under heavy fire. He won a Bronze Star, and saved many lives that would have been lost if not for his brave actions under heavy fire.

eddiealbert.jpg

Eddie Albert, that starred on Green Acres ran a landing craft at Tarawa. The landing of Marines on the beaches of Tarawa did not go well at all, and many Marines were stranded out on the portions of the lagoon reef that their landing craft had the misfortune to run aground on. They were stuck, and easy targets for the Japanese to pick off. Albert took a landing craft out, and made many rescue trips to pick up the Marines that were wounded, and trapped on the exposed reef under heavy fire. He won a Bronze Star, and saved many lives that would have been lost if not for his brave actions under heavy fire.

View attachment 49473

[/QUOT

Who would have thought he was a war hero just watching him play in shows? We never know what kind of history people leave behind them.

Latest posts

Back