We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strangely appropriate in the midst of this 'ammo drought'.
Skynyrd baby!
mosh.gif

Growing up in Austin, Texas in the late 60's and throughout the 70's I had a lot of good music available to me. Got to attend lots of small gigs in local clubs by local artists who went on to become big names. And some you may not have heard of. One of my favorites was Rusty Wier. I went to so many of his gigs. One song that I remember so well, below ("Fly Away") ... sitting in a small bar only a few feet away from Rusty ... singing along with some of my favorites with friends. The one below I particularly liked. It builds nice and slow for the first few minutes, then the chorus hits and repeats over and over at 2:30. I remember tilting back in my chair with a beer just singing my heart out at that point. As the performers got bigger and more well known, they usually moved to a bigger venue, my favorite was called "Armadillo World Headquarters". I must have spent half my life in that place. So, so many great concerts there. We held my 40th high school reunion next door to the place in reverence (it was closed long before our 40th).

Growing up in Austin, Texas in the late 60's and throughout the 70's I had a lot of good music available to me. Got to attend lots of small gigs in local clubs by local artists who went on to become big names. And some you may not have heard of. One of my favorites was Rusty Wier. I went to so many of his gigs. One song that I remember so well, below ("Fly Away") ... sitting in a small bar only a few feet away from Rusty ... singing along with some of my favorites with friends. The one below I particularly liked. It builds nice and slow for the first few minutes, then the chorus hits and repeats over and over at 2:30. I remember tilting back in my chair with a beer just singing my heart out at that point. As the performers got bigger and more well known, they usually moved to a bigger venue, my favorite was called "Armadillo World Headquarters". I must have spent half my life in that place. So, so many great concerts there. We held my 40th high school reunion next door to the place in reverence (it was closed long before our 40th).

We had some good ones in Atlanta, The Electric Ballroom saw BB King, Sams Club had a giant bolder we sat on [ knowing that clib was built aaround that rock for sure] tosee Percy Sledge. Big bands like Allman Brothers or Willie Nelson had to go to larger arenas like Staduims or threatres.

I just had a couple shots with coke but never liked Jack Daniels whiskey,Crown is good though.If there ever was a time to drink it is now and if ther ever was a time not to drink it is now, so ............

I know Patch isn't into C&W so came to the Love Our Music Club.
I'll have to go visit the Dixie club for some rock.

I like C&W, dear @Meerkat just not as much as rock. Remember, there's some rock I don't like too.

Well thats good becaue I like it too. Sometimes thoughI put up a song and don't listen to lyrics before I post because of bea or not sure it's the song I think it is,then I take it off if really vulgar when I hear or see the lyrics. ,lol.

Latest posts

Back