We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that is a very hard assignment. Here is off the top of my head.
Blues - Allman Bros & Clapton
Country - Early Eagles & Martina McBride. This one was hard as I'm not a big CM fan. Toby Keith and Keith Urban came to mind. If you ever get a chance to see Urban live, go for it. He is a great musician
Rock - Lynard Skynard & Bad Company

Out of the dozens of genres, let's take three...Rock, Country, and Blues......in your opinion, give the best and second best artist/band in each. I'll go first!
ROCK: Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix
BLUES: B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughn

Now that is a very hard assignment. Here is off the top of my head.
Blues - Allman Bros & Clapton
Country - Early Eagles & Martina McBride. This one was hard as I'm not a big CM fan. Toby Keith and Keith Urban came to mind. If you ever get a chance to see Urban live, go for it. He is a great musician
Rock - Lynard Skynard & Bad Company

Between the two of your choices pretty much covered my and hubbys favs too.

Only I have to add

Blues ,J.J. Cale and Everly Brothers
Rock ,Aerosmith

Blues, JJ Cale,

Last edited:
Rock: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page.
Blues: Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Guy.
Country: Flatt & Scruggs, Johnny Cash. But Keith Urban is a good one.

Patch the more choices I look at the harder it gets to just pick a couple from each catagory. Like all of these above too.

I like George Jones and Tammy Wynett, Loretta Lynn also. And so many more.

Music is medicine for the soul. If your sad, happy or whatever it can make it better. IMO.
Works throughout all out ' seasons '.

VJ Dreams by Molley Hatchet is my favorite by them. IMO Much better than the Allman Bros version. And Roy and Glen were just tearin it up.

Amish, Skynard and Allmans were certainly southern rock. Both both had a lot of Blues thruout their music. As did Led Zepplin.

Meer JJ Cale was my next choice for the Blues. It's really hard to pick just 2. Way to much good stuff to choose from.

Blues: Stevie Ray Vaughan is forever the best. Recently I've been digging Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa. Each on their own are good, but together they're outstanding.

Rock: I like it rootsy. Bob Seger, Skynyrd, Allman Bros., Outlaws, the Black Crowes.

Country: George Strait is probably the greatest. But I like it to rock a little bit. Hank Jr. is more my style. Chris LeDoux is also a favorite.

There's one singer who blends all of these genres, and soul music too: Samantha Fish. Every album she makes is a different type of music from the last. If you're into any of these three genres, you'll find something to like in her catalog.

Blues: Stevie Ray Vaughan is forever the best. Recently I've been digging Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa. Each on their own are good, but together they're outstanding.

Rock: I like it rootsy. Bob Seger, Skynyrd, Allman Bros., Outlaws, the Black Crowes.

Country: George Strait is probably the greatest. But I like it to rock a little bit. Hank Jr. is more my style. Chris LeDoux is also a favorite.

There's one singer who blends all of these genres, and soul music too: Samantha Fish. Every album she makes is a different type of music from the last. If you're into any of these three genres, you'll find something to like in her catalog.

I wanted to include Roy Clark, perhaps the greatest guitarist ever, but I couldn't figure out how to classify him because he plays EVERYTHING!!

I did forget one important genre...GOSPEL!! My picks would be the Staples:

Second would be the Harlem Gospel Choir......

This thread has become my 'at-home' jukebox.
*WARNING* This video may not be suitable for younger people, they won't understand the lyrics.
The original concert version of Frampton:

Last edited by a moderator:
And how many good female rock-stars did we have?
She put on a concert last night at age 60:eek:.
An early music video:

Anyone here like these guys. Hubby didn't use to he threw my album of Placido and Denver away. Now he likes them in small doses ok. This is a nice song.

Latest posts

Back