• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is called the Beaver Moon, brightest tonight at 4:15 a.m., will be nice and bright tomorrow night too; so named for the time of year when beavers would be fortifying their dens, getting ready for winter, and Native Americans would use this time to hunt or trap them. Also the last full moon before winter solstice. 🦫 🌝
It is 37° here, expecting a low of 29. Highs in the 50s and 60s this week, lows will still be cold for us some nights.

Some of the good Mat-Su valley folks live where they can get hit by winds from both the Knik glacier and the Matanuska glacier. Sometimes at the same time. Nothing like 70-80 MPH winds coming from different directions competing with each other. About a 90 degree difference in direction, more or less depending on where one lives.

So far it’s been a nothing burger. It’s warmed up to 6 degrees from a -9 this morning and the winds are only gusting up to 15-20 mph. I hear parts of the Mat-Su are getting pounded as predicted with widespread power outages. But snug as a bug in a rug on my mountain.
I've known people who built fancy homes overlooking the Knik flats and the glacier. Every couple years they had to replace the windows on their house because of being sandblasted from the sand and dust.

It's supposed to start cooling off this week and start snowing. I doubt if we'll see any above freezing temps, or the ground, until April.
I need to go out and find the horse today and bring him up closer to the house. I haven't seen him for a few days. The pond is froze over hard enough to drive on so he'll be needing water. Right now he's probably eating snow.
It's unusual for us to have so little snow this late in November. We usually have a couple feet by now.

Latest posts

Back