Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 degrees, it;s april. no rain today, AC yesterday, heat tonight :p
Whatever it takes to make your power bill perk! :thumbs: ;)
We had a couple weeks of days where 'both' were used each day:mad:.
(of course we also had a 'magic-month' where neither ran) :D.

We had a couple weeks of days where 'both' were used each day:mad:.

Thank you for posting... reminded me. I was thinking earlier i might have to run the heat for a bit before bed. So I looked at my weather station and saw it was 77.2f in my house.

Earlier it was 74f. What the heck happened? Didn't turn on the heat, still have the a/c fan running.

Then i heard a sound... the oven turned on!!! 🤣 I made a pizza for dinner, forgot to turn off the oven!!! 🤣

So thank you again!!! Guess i don't have to run the heat later! 😁

ll

Thank you for posting... reminded me. I was thinking earlier i might have to run the heat for a bit before bed. So I looked at my weather station and saw it was 77.2f in my house.

Earlier it was 74f. What the heck happened? Didn't turn on the heat, still have the a/c fan running.

Then i heard a sound... the oven turned on!!! 🤣 I made a pizza for dinner, forgot to turn off the oven!!! 🤣

So thank you again!!! Guess i don't have to run the heat later! 😁
I'll go you one better...
While the A/C has been running today keeping the house 74°, my 'little buddy' (heater) has been running in my bedroom keeping it a toasty 77-78° all day 🤪.
I never found a kilowatt that I couldn't burn!:p
(Did anyone notice that I used the word neither in the post above, one of the few words that violates the 'i-before-e except after-c law'?):D

I'll go you one better...
While the A/C has been running today keeping the house 74°, my 'little buddy' (heater) has been running in my bedroom keeping it a toasty 77-78° all day 🤪.
I never found a kilowatt that I couldn't burn!:p
(Did anyone notice that I used the word neither in the post above, one of the few words that violates the 'i-before-e except after-c law'?):D
Actually that “law” is only accurate about 50% of the time. That was one thing they told us not to teach because it’s wrong in English. It is correct in Latin or Greek- can’t remember which.

Actually that “law” is only accurate about 50% of the time. That was one thing they told us not to teach because it’s wrong in English. It is correct in Latin or Greek- can’t remember which.
Yeah, there are several other words...
Words with the letters ei not coming after c and not sounded as 'a':
either/neither. feisty. foreign. forfeit. heifer. height. heist. leisure.
I wonder what other 'wrong' stuff they taught us 'back in the day'? :(
Oops, on topic: a high of only 69° for us tomorrow!🥶:mad: (it was 84° today)

Last edited:
It was sunny and bright, but never got very warm, and the wind picked up so no logging today, but I got 2 decent trees yesterday and only dropped one on the fence, ( If anyone says they can lay a tree where they want every time, they either don't decide before it falls or the fell exactly one tree in their life .)

Last edited:
Yeah, there are several other words...
Words with the letters ei not coming after c and not sounded as 'a':
either/neither. feisty. foreign. forfeit. heifer. height. heist. leisure.
I wonder what other 'wrong' stuff they taught us 'back in the day'? :(
Oops, on topic: a high of only 69° for us tomorrow!🥶:mad: (it was 84° today)
Yous speck good ingleesh!!

It was sunny and bright, but never got very warm, and the wind picked up so no logging today, but I got 2 decent trees yesterday and only dropped one on the fence, ( If anyone says they can lay a tree where they want every time, they either don't decide before it falls or the fell exactly on tree in their life .)
Hubby gets obsessed with felling trees exactly where he wants them!!🤔🙄🙄🙄 I'm actually surprised at how accurate he has been! But trees do what they want sometimes!😉

Hubby gets obsessed with felling trees exactly where he wants them!!🤔🙄🙄🙄 I'm actually surprised at how accurate he has been! But trees do what they want sometimes!😉
If it doesn't matter they fall exactly where they are supposed to , fence or building they have a mind of their own

Early yesterday morning, a fierce thunderstorm rolled in with torrential rain and amazing lightning and thunderboomers. Some were literally like bombs going off above the house, other were incredibly sharp. A magnificent show all around. These Texas thunderstorms are unlike any I've experienced in all the places I've lived.

Today it's sunny with a high of 66*

Was 39f at 2:30AM and went down to 37f just before Sun-up...!!! Sun is Up and Beaming but the North Wind is a-blowing with a Chill it's bringing...!! Tomorrow AM will 🐝 chilly again but not as Low F as was this AM...! ☃️

Almost the same as Me earlier Post above...!!! Seems to 🐝 a tad Warmer for today and the Rest of the Week...?!?

Almost time for the Snowman to revert back to some Nic from Long Ago...!! Weather won't allow it's Existence much longer...!

My place today April 24th 2024 2.30 pm ....SNOW no joke !!!
:confused:

I wonder when I will be able to do a garden

My Place today.jpeg

Latest posts

Back