Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3" of rain here! Stormed until 5am. There's been some crazy weather the past few days! ☹️
@Pearl has fast shipping! :thumbs:
We went from lawnmower dust blowing across the neighborhood to flash-flood warning in 24 hours:oops:.
2.15" so far in just 4 hours this morning!gaah
Be careful what you wish for:rolleyes:.

2.15" so far in just 4 hours this morning!gaah
Be careful what you wish for:rolleyes:.
We ended with 2.39" and the sun came out.
The strong winds that had been pestering us for a week, came to a dead-still stop. Eerie.
I look around outside, and it looks like a panorama photo instead of real-life :oops:.

"In most years, thunderstorms, tornadoes and lightning cause hundreds of injuries and deaths and billions in property and crop damages. To obtain critical weather information, the National Weather Service (NWS) established SKYWARN® with partner organizations. SKYWARN® is a volunteer program with between 350,000 and 400,000 trained severe weather spotters. These volunteers help keep their local communities safe by providing timely and accurate reports of severe weather to the National Weather Service.

Although SKYWARN® spotters provide essential information for all types of weather hazards, the focus is reporting on severe local thunderstorms. In an average year, the United States experiences more than 10,000 severe thunderstorms, 5,000 floods and more than 1,000 tornadoes.

Since the program started in the 1970s, the information provided by SKYWARN® spotters, coupled with Doppler radar technology, improved satellite and other data, has enabled NWS to issue more timely and accurate warnings for tornadoes, severe thunderstorms and flash floods. SKYWARN® storm spotters form the nation's first line of defense against severe weather. There can be no finer reward than to know that your efforts have given your family and neighbors the precious gift of time--minutes that can help save lives."

50+ Years of Usage and They Still 🐝 Missing on alot of 4casts...!!!
☃️

👻👻

I've been a Skywarn member for 20+ years now. At times in the past helped run nets when we had severe activity in the area.
Anytime you hear weather people mention reports from trained spotters, you can bet they've had Skywarn training, and likely are ham radio operators. Our NWS always wanted everyone to take the class every year just as a refresher.

We had rain all morning, 61/74

Parity.
...To the tenth of a degree! :D
IMG_20240501_213311_burst_01_kindlephoto-1687050026.jpg

My sister in Texas told me to keep my Crazy a** Missouri weather up there.
Nope, I felt the need to share that Crazy A**Missouri weather with her and several others..
Pearl, Supervisor and I'm sure several others will come to mind later.
Me me me. Pearl and I threaten lunch to each other once in a while, but we are fairly close to one another. I wonder if we're the two closest miles wise on the forum.
I'm hearing distant thunder and saw a crazy intense weather map, I was told it had possibility of tornadoes. Coming from the west, a long north- south line of storms.

Last night, I wonder what happened? They were projecting a rain front coming through here. The radar showed it heading right for us & going over us for 2.5 hours. I was even worried that it would come down too hard, killing my garden & flooding the back door. Within minutes of my head hitting the pillow I heard thunder. So this morning I got up to check the damage & it's just "damp" out there, not even really wet. More rain projected for the next 2 days so maybe......

it looks like the snow has stopped, still overcast and cool, about or inches of accumulation, it is melting into the ground fairly quickly.

Latest posts

Back