Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 am... this should be a fun day.
20240521_061626.jpg

Short note to friends in Australia...

When the US ...Tornado Alley... heats up it usually travels across the US from south west to north east.. The northern edge of this will often pass just below here, circle around under Lake Superior and down the shore of Lake Michigan and continue north east.. That is the situation last night and tonight.. Nightly rains, mid overcast with thunder, a bit cooler at 70/50F... This predicted through until next weekend.. Bad part is in the northern Boundary Waters lakes area 2 men are missing while on a fishing, camping, canoe trip.. My info grapevine saying someone in southern Alaska hurt by a moose.. Will have to look for more info on that.. This not that far from my old northern bush area...

Mothers Day/fishing season opener, and last weekends city garage sales went well.. I only spent $1 total... Don't need anything, but the thrill of the hunt... You never know what you will find.. All the big box stores, groceries and all have there greenhouse, bedding plant sales on.. I'm sure my friend in Alaska is busy with his greenhouses..

Otherwise... A day at a time...
Hope all are OK

About 90 yesterday, still doesn't bother me unless the humidity is pretty high, It was breezy and not too humid yesterday here.

73 today and overcast not too humid YET, but I am sure it will be shortly.

I hope everyone is spared any damage from hail or any of the dangers severe weather can bring, hail can destroy a garden, vehicles and especially glass or plastic greenhouse coverings in a second that ends the season for most.

Thunderstorm, a bit of rain earlier. Flood watch until tomorrow.
@Supervisor42 and @Peanut I got my weather station. I’ve never had one. I should stay off the nets late at night. It seems to be when I think ima need buy stuff. Got another dvd/blu ray player too. :Dancing Chicken:
Lettuce know how it works for you and if you need any help.
Lithium batteries put in the outside unit and you won't have to touch it for 2 years :thumbs:.
There's even a thread for them here:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/home-weather-stations.19672/
...If you need speed-dial for questions:).

Last edited:
Calm here with a Scattered Chance of "Who knows What(Not) L8r in the PM...?!?

Heard that 5 lives were lost and many others were damaged due to those Storms of Yesturday...!!!

🐝 Careful out there...!! :lightbulb:

Last edited:
Pool time???, High Humidity makes my head hurt sinus pressure goes up!!!! And get sweaty HMMMM!!!!!
Drain the Pool or Drain In the pool..?!? 😇

Latest posts

Back