Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the skies opened up; the sirens went off, and the back yard looks like a driving range with golf ball size hail. No joke. This should be the worst of it Tornado warnings for our area expire in about ten minutes, but they will continue in Illinois until 10 or 11 tonight.
I hope you are okay. I was at my daughter's tonight and the son-in-law had the weather reports for MO up and was watching the reports. They lived in MO for 7 years so are always interested in the weather there.

It is good we can give warnings/heads up to each other about impending storms! This is the kind of stuff that gives me anxiety.
You want anxiety?
Come dance with us! :)
2021:
0821_ida-sat-landfall_1600.jpg

After 2 years in a row with ZERO, we are overdue for a fatty this year.:(

I know it was thundering and lightening like crazy at 3:30 am when I was awaken. I was getting tornado warning expiring in at 3:45 for the county. Fortunately the main storm was in the top part of the county and not the southern part of the county. But it was unexpected to get that severe.

@Pearl has apparently left the building, but I wonder what she got over her direction. Sky was a stupid color, not green but kind of yellowish coral, 😭and hearing some thunder. I looked on weather maps and nothing. ?
High here today was 96, humidity must have been at least 80%. Down to 82 degrees now. Get some rain here in a bit.

@Pearl has apparently left the building, but I wonder what she got over her direction. Sky was a stupid color, not green but kind of yellowish coral, 😭and hearing some thunder. I looked on weather maps and nothing. ?
High here today was 96, humidity must have been at least 80%. Down to 82 degrees now. Get some rain here in a bit.
Stupid lightning! Think more is coming now!! No rain yet!! Storms came from an outflow boundary! Where will the morning storms be????

First post on this thread! It's been a little cooler than usual here on the eastern edge of the Mohave desert. We officially hit 101 today, probably be around 105 tomorrow, and we won't see highs in the 90's until the end of September. June is "Bake," July and August are "Broil." But it's a "dry" heat. They say. ;)

Latest posts

Back