Whaddy'all think of my high desert homestead?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingnut

Rogue Dinosaur
Neighbor
Bought this 3BR/2BA manufactured home ('83) on roughly half an acre, with 30 pine trees and some other plants on the property, as well as a practically brand-new metal shop building on a smooth slab, another metal-sided & roofed shed also on a slab, and a metal dual carport nicely anchored over the gravel driveway. All this for $40K cash, and the home isn't in THAT bad shape, though it does need work due to neglect. I've been chipping away at the stone, hammering out the home rehab for over two months straight before getting burned out... made good progress so far, and I'll eventually finish the project, I've just been working in the yard for the past 10 days or whatever. I cleared away a whole heap of yard debris and trash, so my yard is starting to look pretty nice, though I have wood left to burn and it might have to wait till fall with temps warming up the way they have. No worries, I didn't expect any magical overnight transformation with this property, and ya gotta watch the winds round here when burning stuff in your yard, no future in starting a wildfire that destroys the homestead, lol. Having said that, I'm an expert in the field, due to a youth spent car-camping every summer in Europe, time served in the USA INF, and decades of remote wilderness camping... so handling fire the correct way is not difficult for me, though I've been known to use accelerants like gasoline and charcoal starter fluid when I wanted a roaring blaze PRONTO! Crusty Demons of Dirt, ya gots NOTHIN' on me, lol... :oops:

Er, where was I? Oh, yeah, about the trees on my property, there were 30 pines left standing in a roughly rectangular windbreak formation around the home, there used to be more but drought & neglect killed them off, aye? I don't intend to lose another tree, and I'm actively watering on a rotational basis to ensure the survival of all trees on my property. All I gotta do is get 'em to the start of the monsoon, that will see 'em flourish after a long dry spell of neglect. I've also planted some fruit trees & vines here: a young pear tree, a young peach tree, and two tiny blackberry plants which may or may not do well here. The saplings were chosen for their hardiness, and the fact that they like 'full sun'---I'm also at 4335' elevation here, so hard freezes are a concern in winter. Now, I'm not a big pothead, though I was as a young skateboarder from a broken military home, but now I'm pretty mellow and I can take it or leave it... but since the law now allows private parties to grow dope, I started some seedlings for the heck of it, lol. Beats paying those ridiculous prices at the dispensary, and it won't be the first time I've grown some heller chronic, lol... we have the sunshine for it too, that's for damned sure, so meh, why NOT? It's more like a 'gracious host' kinda thing, really, I can do without it and just drink beer & take shots of tequila with salt & lime, but I like to have some on hand in case a guest wants a bong hit... and some residual rebellious part of my nature stirs me to take up this weed-growing project, lol. ;)

Not too worried about dope theft, aspiring thieves will be met with .44 JHPs out of my Henry 'Golden Boy'---a sweet rifle that I picked up after I sold my home in Benson, AZ. Did I tell y'all that I spent 109 DAYS living in a tent with three cats after I sold that home? No lie, I have the photo documentation to prove it, and the camping venture was all arranged prior to the home sale, my intent being to find another fixer home in Arizona, aye? But the real estate market went crazy right about that time, and I couldn't find a home worth buying in my price range. Some shysters were trying to unload cr@ppy trailers during the boom, homes not worth $10K and the sellers wanted $50-60K for 'em, lol. No WAY I was gonna waste money on one of those worthless dumps, so I expanded my search to include NM, OK, MO, and both Carolinas, since fixer homes in my price range could still be found in those states. 88 days into my search, I stumbled across this NM listing, and I jumped on it... beat others to the punch (ya gotta move FAST or you're SOL), and now I'm here at the (new) ol' hacienda, drinking a cold beer and surfing the Interwebs, lol. Damn, I hate it when that happens... alright, without any further ado, here are some pics of my homestead in the making, including shots of the brand-new septic system which was recently installed, all on the seller since the original system failed state inspection, lol. New septic, new water heater, new A/C, new washing machine, older fridge & dryer which still work, what's NOT to like? :)

IMG_5932.JPG
IMG_6298.JPG

IMG_6303.JPG
IMG_6419.JPG
IMG_6817.JPG
IMG_6874.JPG
IMG_6878.JPG
IMG_6884.JPG
IMG_6310.JPG
IMG_6314.JPG

Hmm, I'm thinking there's probably a pic limit here, so I'm gonna break up these photos into multiple sets, aye? Back in a moment with some more shots... just remember, I paid $40K cash for this place, and I'm now free & clear, lol. Not bad for the price, I reckon the new shop building and dual carport (built by the same outfit) are EASILY worth $20K, half what I paid for the entire property... and if took 109 days of living in a tent to find this place, well, so be it, and I don't think ANYBODY could've foreseen the crazy real estate market, I'm just glad I'm out of that loop, ya know? Just plain crazy, that real estate market, I heard the Feds have issued a warning about the "bubble bursting" soon, funny when ya realize that they manipulate and control the whole scene. Meh, I'm out of the loop, and my property taxes are around $100 per year, lol... lemme find some more shots for y'all, I wanna hear your opinions on this homestead of mine, 10-4? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Round #2 of pics, these were just taken this morning:

IMG_7112.JPG
IMG_7111.JPG
IMG_7107.JPG
IMG_7110.JPG
IMG_7109.JPG
IMG_7106.JPG
IMG_7105.JPG
IMG_7104.JPG
IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7071.JPG

Well, those last two pics were taken earlier, and you can see there's still plenty o' work to be done, but I'm really liking the results so far, lol. That's a BBQ paver pad in the last shot, the BBQ is up on the porch right now but I wanna be able to lift it down and cook on that pad when I have company, aye? The porch itself needs a sh!t ton of work, but that'll come later, no worries. I have to prioritize everything in this home rehab effort, that's just the way it is, especially since I'm on my own and I don't have enough money to pay anybody else or "farm out" the work. I usually don't pay ANYBODY to do something I can do myself, but there are times in this home rehab effort when I wish I'd been born rich, lol. Meh, life could be worse, and one fine day I'll have a handle on all this rehab. Cheers!!! :)

P.S. Oh, yeah, those are my two surviving cats, Tiger & Crackhead. They're my supervisors, 10-4? ;)

Round #3 of pics:

IMG_7006.JPG
IMG_7007.JPG
IMG_7038.JPG
IMG_7039.JPG
IMG_6913.JPG
IMG_6754.JPG
IMG_6944.JPG
IMG_5726.JPG
IMG_5732.JPG
IMG_5739.JPG

There are some cool shots for y'all, lol... flags for the front porch, cat shots, and my Tombstone hip flask used for rodeos, circuses, trials riding events, air shows, etc. Last few shots show my 'Monster Enduro'---a modded-out KLR 650 which is a BEAST on the trail, lol. Can't ride it like a 125 or 250, slinging it around like so much hash in the dirt... the bike's too heavy for that, gotta ride more like a soul surfer than a Crusty Demon, lol. I still have plenty o' fun aboard this bike, it has plenty o' power and one can still have a good time with it in the dirt, AYE??? ;)

Okay, just because I made the claim of having spent 109 days living in a tent with three cats (one now MIA), I reckon I'll back that claim by posting shots of that whole crazy venture... jeez, I never expected it to last as long as it did, but that was solely due to the insane real estate market and the fact that I'm not as rich as I'd like to be, lol. ;)

But I'm WEALTHY in LIFE EXPERIENCE. Ya can't take it with ya---though it'd be nice to have in the meantime---but I'm alright with who I am and what I've accomplished so far in life, against all odds and dealing with a ton of obstacles, lol. And I'm suckin' up to NO MAN as well, so that counts for SOMETHING, lol. Meh, I'm still above ground, slightly the worse for wear but still kickin' and havin' a good time. Check out these photos, I set a new personal record for living in the field with this camping venture of mine, it was crazy... got COLD there too, in the upper teens, so I'm glad my friend 'Eric the Ammo Loader' loaned me the U.S. Aaaarrrghmy 'Arctic Tent' 75 days into the FTX (or Field Training Exercise for those of you who never served in the Infantry). I pulled the first 75 days in a large dome tent, but it just couldn't handle the 60-70 m.p.h. wind gusts, the thing was anchored at the base but it just flattened out in those high winds, lol. :oops:

IMG_4787.JPG
IMG_4837.JPG
IMG_4892.JPG
IMG_4934.JPG
IMG_5096.JPG
IMG_4945.JPG
IMG_4930.JPG
IMG_5167.JPG
IMG_5407.JPG
IMG_5562.JPG

Ah, yes, the memories... wasn't so bad, really, except for the uncertainty of not knowing where we were gonna wind up afterward, lol. Had a nice view of the Huachuca Mountains, Tombstone a short distance away, the lady who let me stay there was a cat lover and we worked out an agreement: I'd clear the acre lot of brush, she'd let me camp with my cats until I found a new home. Neither of us knew it would drag on so long, given the crazy real estate market, but that's just the way it unfolded... thank goodness she was the patient sort, lol. Lemme post one more round of pics to give y'all the full camping venture experience, aye?

Round #2 of camping shots:

IMG_5337.JPG
IMG_5142.JPG
IMG_5511.JPG
IMG_5514.JPG
IMG_5515.JPG
IMG_5588.JPG
IMG_5589.JPG
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5650.JPG
IMG_5357.JPG

Y'all get the general idea, AYE? Lol... damn, that was one hell of an adventure, living in the wilds of Whetstone, Arizona, pulling routine camp chores, resupply runs, daily listings checks at the library (whether it was open or not---you can still glom onto free library wi-fi by parking outside, a useful thing to know), the whole nine yards. I look back upon that time with fondness, kinda like looking back at my time in the USA INF... it's better once it's over and done, lol. But I wouldn't have missed EITHER experience for the world, and that's no lie. One of my favorite memories from the Aaaargghmy is flyin' in these old rusted-out buckets-of-bolts Huey 111s over the rainforest, skimming the canopy while flyin' nap of the earth and suddenly wheeling out over a tall cliff on the Caribbean shore, banked hard and looking straight down for hundreds of feet at these beautiful multicolored reefs & shallows below... like a postcard. It was bee-yoo-ti-ful... even though I thought the "Jesus Nut" was gonna fall off the rotors at any time, lol. Meh, sometimes a little risk can make things exciting, 10-4? ;)

Water well?

Looked like you bought Heaven until the picture of the cats. :D

Yes & no... we're on a community well here, I think they actually have more than one. In the Tularosa Basin, no water flows out of the basin, it goes to the aquifers or merely evaporates. There's no river or stream flowing out of this basin, but we do have lakes in the Sacramento Mountains, the nearest to me would be Silver Lake up by Cloudcroft, I think it's on the Mescalero Reservation. I'll be riding the big ol' thumper up there when it opens, I guess it's seasonal given the elevation. I'm looking forward to relaxing on the lakeshore, maybe bring a picnic lunch in the saddlebags... along with a bit of chilled liquid refreshment, lol. ;)

P.S. Those cats are like my kids, so I put up with their shenanigans... :oops:

It looks to me that you aced out in getting your place, property and homes around here are next to impossible to get a hold of, we have friends that have been looking for around three years and most of the homes are bull dozer fodder and most all were priced at $300,000 and above. Bare property that has water always gets bought up quickly for hemp or other related growing. Always at the top of all needs is water, when it comes to that I'm like a drug dealer in the way I push for people to have water storage. We presently have 2,200 gallons in storage with an other 1,100 gallon black poly tank I'm going to install next to our hand cast 1,100 gallon cistern at the top of our property, our system is by gravity feed, no pump needed. I try to tell people that have city water or well water to install a large, 1,500 gallon or larger, tank on their property and pump into it and just use a small 120 volt pump to pump out of the tank, that pump would bet hooked to a pressure tank and then to your home. It would also be good to have a 12 volt pump for standby when the grid goes down, possibly powered by a small backup solar system. From what I've seen in your pictures, your area looks very good for a solar system, there are a number of people on this site that have solar systems, we have one for emergency backup to take care of two refrigerators and a small and large chest freezer, it will run a number of other things as well but I was the most concerned with refrigerated foods.

Round #2 of camping shots:

View attachment 84975 View attachment 84976 View attachment 84977 View attachment 84978 View attachment 84979 View attachment 84982 View attachment 84983 View attachment 84984 View attachment 84985 View attachment 84986

Y'all get the general idea, AYE? Lol... damn, that was one hell of an adventure, living in the wilds of Whetstone, Arizona, pulling routine camp chores, resupply runs, daily listings checks at the library (whether it was open or not---you can still glom onto free library wi-fi by parking outside, a useful thing to know), the whole nine yards. I look back upon that time with fondness, kinda like looking back at my time in the USA INF... it's better once it's over and done, lol. But I wouldn't have missed EITHER experience for the world, and that's no lie. One of my favorite memories from the Aaaargghmy is flyin' in these old rusted-out buckets-of-bolts Huey 111s over the rainforest, skimming the canopy while flyin' nap of the earth and suddenly wheeling out over a tall cliff on the Caribbean shore, banked hard and looking straight down for hundreds of feet at these beautiful multicolored reefs & shallows below... like a postcard. It was bee-yoo-ti-ful... even though I thought the "Jesus Nut" was gonna fall off the rotors at any time, lol. Meh, sometimes a little risk can make things exciting, 10-4? ;)
Some nice pics. Pretty area.
What kind of bike do you have? Looks capable for the area for sure

you place looks veyr nice wingnut. looks comfortable. how aobut some rain water collection? are you allowed some rain barrels? tho i have my one well, saving rain water that helps me alot.

No HOA or POA here, thank goodness, so I can pretty much do what I want, within law & reason. I'd like to get some rain barrels, especially for the upcoming monsoon season... if only to better distribute the water on my property. One has to selectively water here, and soil amendment is important too, otherwise you're simply dealing with dirt. Low-value dirt, lol. I'm amending the soil for every tree I plant, same will go for the veggie garden when I get around to it... the dirt isn't bad once ya get deep enough, but near the top it lacks nutrients. Sun-baked too, no shortage of sunlight here... :rolleyes:

Viking, all those things you mention are things I'd like to get for this property, but as usual, money is the deciding factor, and I have to prioritize things in this ongoing home rehab effort. As for that crazy real estate market, well, I reckon I'm lucky I scored this humble property for the price I paid... the realtor gal actually helped me in that regard, she shut down all other bidders by telling 'em the place was already under contract. She didn't have to do that, but she was willing to help me once she learned that I was an Army vet living in a tent with three cats, lol... and bless her soul for getting me out of the field. ;)

Bacpacker, that's a Kawasaki KLR 650, known as a workhorse to most dual sport enthusiasts. Moi, I'm old school, so I call it the 'Monster Enduro'---and it IS a monster in the dirt, that's for sure. Gotta be careful at times, solely due to the bike's size & weight, which is roughly 400 lbs. AFTER modifications, lol. But it has heaps of power, you can twist the throttle coming out of a turn in the dirt and the bike will surge ahead, the rear wheel fishtailing a bit despite the big ol' Dunlop knobby on it... no shortage of power with that bike. It's actually the largest and heaviest bike I've ever ridden in a lifetime of dirt biking. :oops:

Boy, I thought this wind was gonna let up, but it's still howling in gusts... maybe I should think about getting or building one of those landsailers, probably go freeway speed in this wind. Of course, we don't have a freeway here, lol... just a couple of US highways, US54/70. Funny how I used to run these roads in my 'trucking daze'---never thinking at the time that I'd wind up here, lol. But I just couldn't afford to stay on the coast, it was getting too crazy out there, and I left Kalifornia with no regrets... I'd already done everything I ever wanted to do out there, time for a new adventure! I've spent the past six years in the boondocks, and NOTHING could EVER induce me to go back to Big City life... not a chance. :cool:

Edit: Some motorcycle critic once wrote that "the KLR 650 does NOTHING well, but it can do ANYTHING." And that fool was right, lol... it's basically a "go anywhere, do anything" kind of bike, with the exception of deep sand and heller ruts. Deep sand is the bike's nemesis, best to avoid it altogether. Ruts traveling in the same direction as the front wheel & tire are also no fun... but a rider who's aware of the bike's limitations can still have a pretty good time in the dirt, and the bike will also pull the paved grades up to Cloudcroft & Ruidoso no problem. That was the other deciding factor in my purchase, the power to pull those mountain grades without the bike lagging or working too hard. :confused:

Last edited:
No HOA or POA here, thank goodness, so I can pretty much do what I want, within law & reason. I'd like to get some rain barrels, especially for the upcoming monsoon season... if only to better distribute the water on my property. One has to selectively water here, and soil amendment is important too, otherwise you're simply dealing with dirt. Low-value dirt, lol. I'm amending the soil for every tree I plant, same will go for the veggie garden when I get around to it... the dirt isn't bad once ya get deep enough, but near the top it lacks nutrients. Sun-baked too, no shortage of sunlight here... :rolleyes:

Viking, all those things you mention are things I'd like to get for this property, but as usual, money is the deciding factor, and I have to prioritize things in this ongoing home rehab effort. As for that crazy real estate market, well, I reckon I'm lucky I scored this humble property for the price I paid... the realtor gal actually helped me in that regard, she shut down all other bidders by telling 'em the place was already under contract. She didn't have to do that, but she was willing to help me once she learned that I was an Army vet living in a tent with three cats, lol... and bless her soul for getting me out of the field. ;)

Bacpacker, that's a Kawasaki KLR 650, known as a workhorse to most dual sport enthusiasts. Moi, I'm old school, so I call it the 'Monster Enduro'---and it IS a monster in the dirt, that's for sure. Gotta be careful at times, solely due to the bike's size & weight, which is roughly 400 lbs. AFTER modifications, lol. But it has heaps of power, you can twist the throttle coming out of a turn in the dirt and the bike will surge ahead, the rear wheel fishtailing a bit despite the big ol' Dunlop knobby on it... no shortage of power with that bike. It's actually the largest and heaviest bike I've ever ridden in a lifetime of dirt biking. :oops:

Boy, I thought this wind was gonna let up, but it's still howling in gusts... maybe I should think about getting or building one of those landsailers, probably go freeway speed in this wind. Of course, we don't have a freeway here, lol... just a couple of US highways, US54/70. Funny how I used to run these roads in my 'trucking daze'---never thinking at the time that I'd wind up here, lol. But I just couldn't afford to stay on the coast, it was getting too crazy out there, and I left Kalifornia with no regrets... I'd already done everything I ever wanted to do out there, time for a new adventure! I've spent the past six years in the boondocks, and NOTHING could EVER induce me to go back to Big City life... not a chance. :cool:

Good friend and his dad had KLRs for years. Great bikes for sure

Looks like you made a great deal on your homestead, nice thing about dry country, only pretty much what you want to grows. Pretty sure that you will fit in here very well.

I'm being very selective with watering, not wasting any water on the dirt or gravel areas, lol. I'm spacing the trees too, that's important... there are actually quite a few orchards in the Tularosa Basin, pecan & pistachio nut trees do very well in this climate. There are vineyards too, but I'm no wino or wine expert, though I'll choke the stuff down now & then, lol. :oops:

Right now, it's a cold beer for me... one day, I'd like to have at least 8 or 10 different fruit & nut trees on this property, but I already have the pines and I need to consider spacing between trees. I have plenty of room for a veggie garden, I've just been too roped with the home rehab to even consider planting vegetables. If I don't get it in this year, hopefully I'll get it in next year... there's still a ton of home rehab to do. Wish I could make like those 'MUMMY' movies and conjure up an army of dead Egyptians to help with the work... put hammers, paintbrushes & shovels in their skeletal hands, lol. Work 'em 24/7 too: "AND KEEP THE NOISE DOWN WHILE I'M SLEEPING!!!" ;)

Looks nice, wish you well there. It's nice having dirt of your own. Don't know about 109 days in a tent though. That's serious camping, spent 49 days gold prospecting once, had a 23ft bago. I was ready to come home to my bed, kitchen, shower... And cats? glutton for punishment there. Twice I've driven a uhaul across country with a cat. Don't want to do that again. Both trips, slept the first day then kept me up in the hotel rm all night. I bought water pistols each time and squirted the cat every time it fell asleep in the truck. Cat slept that second night and so did I.

Don't know much about the high desert but I know a few things about growing things and do many here. We have a garden thread.

Nice pictures! I’ve been looking for a 44 lever action to go along with my 45/70 lever action rifles. How do you like your rifle? I‘ve been looking the vintage route without success the last 3-4 years and I may just have to purchase a new Henry.

On your “Jesus nut” comment, when I was a brand new butter bar platoon leader, my platoon sergeant was always calling the little firing retaining pin on the M16 BCG the “Jesus pin”. He said he watched a fellow soldier in Vietnam frantically trying to find his retaining pin who was cleaning his rifle when the enemy decided to attack. He described his heathen platoon mate finally getting religious as he begged his Maker for help in finding that pin.

Peanut, those 109 days weren't intentional, the real estate market was so crazy that my listings search dragged on & on, and the fixer homes I actually went to see in Arizona weren't worth the asking prices. That's why I expanded my search to include half a dozen states which all offered fixers in my limited price range. And you're right about having "dirt of your own"---I'm not big on paying rent or mortgages, I'd rather own the property free & clear, even if the home is just some shotgun shack, lol. :oops:

"LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!" ;)

Alaskajohn, I've always liked lever-action rifles, and this Henry 'Golden Boy' is a fine weapon, though the tubular magazine is a new twist to me. I wouldn't want to have to reload it when crunch time hit, but the mag holds 10 to 11 rounds, depending upon what kind of cartridge ya use. This guy I met while camping, same guy who loaned me the Arctic Tent, he's an ammo loader and a darned good one, he started his own business of loading ammo, and he's doing alright. Here's his flyer, the guy can hook ya up when store shelves are empty, 10-4? I'll throw in a few shots of his handiwork, lol. :cool:

IMG_5547.JPG
IMG_5548.JPG
IMG_5550.JPG
IMG_5459.JPG
IMG_5460.JPG
IMG_5461.JPG
IMG_5462.JPG

Those prices are probably still good, and this hand uses all new components, including Starline brass... no reloading involved, but you can save that Starline brass and reload it later, lol. Oh, hell, I just saw that he doesn't ship to Alaska, so you're out... I wonder why AK is on the same short list as NY and Kalifornia? Meh, not my problem, I still have an ammo can full of cartridges I bought while camping... anybody else needs ammo, this outfit will take care of ya, lol. :)

It's not so bad... I liked the boondocks of Arizona a bit better, but I was priced out of that state after I sold my homes in Show Low & Benson, and this location outside of Alamogordo is still better than living in any city. Nice and quiet, just the way I like it... we do have the occasional sonic boom from jets out of Holloman AFB, but those don't happen that often, maybe one or two per week. Small price to pay for what amounts to rural living... :rolleyes:

I've done some decorating since this thread appeared, and I'll post more shots in the other thread as I finish the home rehab work. Overall, I'm satisfied with this home, and where else could I buy a home like this on nearly 1/2 acre for a lousy $40K? With trees and everything? I'm not sure whether I'll be here for the rest of my life, but for now, this is a good place to hunker down and ride out the storm... the real estate market is crazy right now, and I don't wanna deal with it at this time. ;)

I like NM, been there several times on trips, if it wasn't so dry there we would have considered looking for property there. I like the ski areas there ( Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos area)
Trees and water are not a concern here ( SW VIrginia ) , we can't cut them down fast enough as they try to take over pasture....
It's pouring here right now, wished I could send you some of that rain, and every walnut tree on the property...:)

@Wingnut I know that area. I've worked the rail line from El Paso, through Alamogordo, Corona, and Vaughn, up to Santa Rosa several times. All I can say is, you've got a lot more guts than me if you're trying to live out there. Ruidoso is kind of nice, Sierra Blanca is beautiful, but once you get away from that it's like the face of the moon!

Enjoy your place and the freedom and solitude that will come with it! I look forward to your adventures out there.

Haha, that rail line is only about a mile away, running alongside US54, but far enough for the noise not to bother me... the engineers don't lay on the horn out here in the boondocks. Ruidoso isn't bad, but Cloudcroft is more my style: it's a nice mountain village pushing 9000' in elevation. There are all kinds of riding trails up there too, hundreds of miles of trails in the Sacramento Mountains, so I intend to ride the thumper up there once I solve this stupid tire recall problem. I already have a good trail map showing where motorized use is allowed, that map will go with me every time I ride up there. Sierra Blanca is on my radar too, the peak rises over 12000' in elevation and there's a ski resort up there (Ski Apache). I wonder if they'll let me ride a toboggan down the runs? Maybe with some steering rigged on the sled? Never liked skis strapped to my feet, and I'm probably getting too old to snowboard... but I wouldn't mind sledding down the runs, lol. :cool:

Did I not post shots of Cloudcroft at this site? I thought I did... but maybe it was another site. Here ya go:

IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6141.JPG

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6144.JPG

IMG_6142.JPG

IMG_6139.JPG

IMG_6137.JPG

IMG_6140.JPG

IMG_6138.JPG

IMG_6136.JPG

Look at that blue sky! Sure beats the dust down here in the Tularosa Basin, lol... but Cloudcroft is only 35-40 minutes away from my home, so I'll be riding the thumper up there on a regular basis. The true elevation of Cloudcroft is somewhere around 8600', but the surrounding peaks go higher. Last shot shows a notice posted by some local humorist... :oops:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back