What are some of the things you are glad to see finally go away?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carburetors.
You too remember people saying: "if it's flooding the engine, just tap on the side of it :thumbs:".
EFI went thru it's birthing pains and the first systems had problems.
Then they listened to us 'diesel-heads' screaming "you need more than 8-PSI for injectors!gaah" and got it figured out.

the EPA, caused far more harm than good. EFI improved gas engines and turned diesel into a nightmare

the EPA, caused far more harm than good. EFI improved gas engines and turned diesel into a nightmare.
Yep, we fought with the Tier-4 engines when they rolled them out after 2008. (puny! :mad:)
The Tier 4 emission standards—phased-in from 2008 through 2015—introduce substantial reductions of NOx (for engines above 56 kW) and PM (above 19 kW), as well.
I bailed out after 2018. I think the introduction of DEF fixed most of that.

What else are people happy to see go away?
Does your car have inner-tubes in the tires?

Hoping to see yoga pants, false eyelashes, and penciled in eyebrows go away. And hoping all the pharmaceutical commercials go away on the tv, but I bet they won't.
I keep thinking I should make a drug list to ask my Dr, they ALWAYS say ask your Dr if :waiting:is right for you.

Some people should DEFINITELY NEVER wear yoga pants.

Yep, we fought with the Tier-4 engines when they rolled them out after 2008. (puny! :mad:)

Inner tubes are a pain , split rims even more,

Face mask requirements

Ben

I do agree with Pearl. I would like to see Winter go away, but if Winter has one redeeming value it is that there are no bugs. I hate bugs, and Winter seems to be the only time you get any relief.

Can we make bugs go away? :dunno:

No, we can't.

Let's stick with politicians on every level. That should make up for keeping black flies, see me nots, horse flies and mosquitoes and probably balance out all those chiggers and poisoness spiders down south as well.
I picked the first tick of the year off my husband this morning. 🤬

Latest posts

Back