What are you driving?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs Zoom just bought a Lexus RX350 from the dealer. They didn't even offer to take my daughter in trade.

I have a 2016 Silverado crew cab and a BMW 530i. Mrs Zoom has a Lexus RX350, Toyota Avalon and Honda Accord.
How much in trade in was you expecting for your daughter,is that legal there?? :LOL:

This one needs lots of work. But the body and interior is good. Probably sell it to someone who likes to piddle with cars. I know it needs a new transmission. That little jeep has saved my butt many times driving in the snow.

Hubby has taken his completely apart, stripped all the paint/rust off the frame, coated it with monster liner and put it back together sneaking in "new and improved" parts as he went. Like a 2" lift, 31" tires on new aluminum rims, all new suspension, a new wench....... The rims were free so I guess those really don't count.

an F-250 diesel. 7.3 that is hubbies truck.but right now i'm driving it until he can figure out what's wrong with my F-150.

Oh boy, do I have a few horror stories, first of all our driveway looks like a car lot, trouble is, not everyone of the vehicles are running. None running 1998 Ford Windstar, great 3.8 engine, bad, transmission won't shift into high, it was replaced with an awesome 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited, runs and shifts beautifully, wonderful JBL sound system, heated seats, it's the Caddy whe've never owned, it has all the bells and whistles and only has 174,000 miles. Then there's my 1989 F-250 diesel 4X4, oil in the cooling system, waiting for our ability to get another engine because all the running gear is in very good condition. 1991 Toyota pickup runs great, 1988 Suzuki Samurai tintop 4X4 also runs great, 1987 samurai soft top 4X4, runs but all the running gear is worn out. And last but not least 1995 Endeavor 33' motorhome, hasn't been anywhere since Obama became president and diesel prices went out of sight, we'd like to be out in the Northern Nevada desert gold detecting with it, maybe when the weather warms up some. I'm trying to put the Windstar and '87 Samurai up for sale, far too much stuff clogging our driveway. There are times that I'd like to narrow down vehicles, I'd do good with an old Chevy or GMC pickup with a 235 or 292 straight 6, wife's not too keen, she just wants me to fix up the F-250 as it's been a real workhorse. The reality is, at 75 years, I've had enough of messing around with working on vehicles.

06 Toyota Tacoma is my daily driver, 1976 Chevy K5 the ranch workhorse and used to go into the mountains to the cabin. 72 GTO was sold after I took it as far as I was going to.

IMG_7034.JPG

IMG_20150107_154012.jpg

"....great for the inner city places like St Louis.."

As someone who lives just outside St. Louis, and who works within the boundaries of St. Louis, I was shocked and saddened at this comment, which I have to
point out is factually inaccurate.

Such a lightly-armored vehicle would never survive the ordinance in daily use within the city of St. Louis.

WP_20160110_15_29_53_ProBBsmall.jpg

Latest posts

Back