What are you driving?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife drives a 05 Camry. 130,000 or so miles. I drive a 08 Tundra Double Cab Long Bed. It does a nice job pulling the 5th wheel and the trailer hauling my tractor. Just can't pass a gas station. 16 to 18mpg is about it unless I baby it to get better. 20 has been tops. Due to that I have a 98 Civic as a beater. I drive about 65 miles round trip to work every day and I can get 40mpg out of it.
The Tundra is my third one. First one 2002 was totaled in a bad hail storm in 2011. So was the Honda and our house. I got my next one which was a 2008 just like the one I now have. I got rear ended sitting at a red light by some lady in a jeep. Totaled it to.

I drive a Dodge Challenger V8 hemi. 2016. Dark gray. With five kids, I did my time driving minivans. No more.
Husband drives a Ford Truck like everyone else.
Daughter just returned my old 18 yr old Jeep Wrangler. She bought a Toyota, and the Jeep needs a ton of work.
So, it's sitting in the driveway and we'll probably sell it.

Yeah, I'm old. My new ride is a Cadi, but also traded my Lexus with my daughter so I now also have a Toyota Tacoma. It is great for running around town.
small cad2.jpg

I used to drive an ambulance. I am not afraid of big trucks ;)

I want one already. I am planning to sell the STI and get one at some point. ;) @buildit already told me to get the diesel engine :D
I drove wrecker in the way back time, 70's. Too much fun running the roads in that thing and then the surprise on men's faces when a woman hopped out was priceless.

I drive a Dodge Challenger V8 hemi. 2016. Dark gray. With five kids, I did my time driving minivans. No more.
Husband drives a Ford Truck like everyone else.
Daughter just returned my old 18 yr old Jeep Wrangler. She bought a Toyota, and the Jeep needs a ton of work.
So, it's sitting in the driveway and we'll probably sell it.
If I'd had cash I'd buy it from you, though I'd really like a 4wd with a bit if towing capacity. I love my husband's YJ.

I got a new to me 2015 Fiat 500 Lounge, 2 door,automatic, all wheel drive.
Red and Ivory heated leather seats, red leather trim package,heated mirrors,beats stereo,sunroof,trunk.
Charcoal black with gold pin stripe.
Back up cameras.
Mileage when I bought it was 31 miles in April of 2017.
At present date mileage is approx 2085 miles.
286 miles to a tank of gas. $ 20.00 fills it up.

Cummins 5.9 is an awesome motor.

I'll second that my 04 slt 2x is turned up but not as much as yours,not much can catch it from a 70 mph punch :D

I get 21 mpg all around.

I get 24 at 73 mph or just under 2200 rpm at 55/60 it can go as high as 28,I burn Lucas injector cleaner in every tank full 3 oz per 10 gal just under 300000 and no problems yet.Also every drop of lube in it is Amsoil and use their filters also :)

I didn't realize we were doing the big vehicles too.

1994 F700 with 54,000 miles in front of a Bandit 12" brush chipper.

Hey, I have a big vehicles too! Well, technically they're not mine. :(

SWAT_04302016_6.jpg

...except the gas companies are ripping us on diesel prices...
Jim

I believe all of the different Taxing authorities are making more of a profit then the gas companies. Then add on the cost of the Feds emissions regulations.

Evey drop of fuel leaving a refinery has a Fed tax applied to it. This money is redistributed to the states for roadway/signage improvements. Then at at the pump another Fed tax is applied per gallon. Then the State applies their percentage sales tax on top. So in reality the state sales tax is applied to both Fed taxes which of course we the consumers pay too.

That Nissan Cube back window would be $$$ to replace I bet.

I also bet it would be expensive, and I could only guess it would be as high as $1,500 to replace. If I had to actually replace that back window, I'd just go to a junk yard and buy an entire rear cargo door. That would probably be a whole lot cheaper!

Latest posts

Back