What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back pain is the pits!!
In 2011 an orthopedic surgeon tried to fuse all my 'L' vertebrae together and it wouldn't fuse. The arthritis had deteriorated everything to much. I do what I can till I can't tolerate it then quit. God has blessed me so I can work smarter than I used to!

Pork chops, mashed potatoes/gravy and green beans. The wood stove was already going so I used it to cook dinner.

IMG_20180121_173822.png

My hubs fell off the roof around 2006 and about 2010 had L3,4,5 fused. He's done well until this year when he developed stenosis above and below the fusions. He's headed back to see his Neuro next month for more surgery. Like you, he just keeps pushing until he can't anymore.
One of my g grandfather's died from falling off a roof. I hope all goes well for him.

Last edited:
Steak. Beef steak. Rare beef steak and veggies with a salad to top it all off.

So I like my new pressure cooker.. BUT... I like my corn beef in the crock pot better than in the pressure cooker. The vegetable as awesome, or were awesome. LOL The corn beef tasted just as good but didn't seem as tender and flaky, maybe even a little rubbery after 30 min out of the water and then another 20 min in the water. So mostly a texture issue not a taste issue.

DAB1E922-AA83-467E-832D-1E3F31B667D5.jpeg
Chicken strips arenin the air frier.
Gunna wrap them up in lettuce and a tortilla with some ranch dressing and cheese.
Which air fryer do you have? I’m looking to buy one.

My husband is out of the country on business. I made myself a stir fry with carrots, beets, onions, Brussels sprouts, red chard and sesame seeds. It was delicious.

View attachment 3160
Which air fryer do you have? I’m looking to buy one.

My husband is out of the country on business. I made myself a stir fry with carrots, beets, onions, Brussels sprouts, red chard and sesame seeds. It was delicious.

That looks delicious!
After trying a few we fell in love with the Power XL air frier.
http://www.powerairfryer.com/#
Ours has been perfect and multiple households in our family have it and we all say we’d buy another one in a heartbeat.

Flank steak and shrimp fried rice tonight! It’s based on a Jet Tila recipe. I use his ratios of oyster and soy sauce and spices along with his process but change a few things. I like a few veggies in fried rice. I pre-chop and measure celery and bell pepper into foil packets, just enough for a batch of fried rice and zip several batches in freezer bags. I buy frozen snow peas also but chop onion fresh. I cook the veggies in a skillet with butter and add them at the end. I also pre-cut and freeze flank steak in batches. I buy frozen gulf “red” shrimp, the small ones. It only takes an hour to thaw everything and about 10 minutes to cook. It’s a quick yummy meal. You can put just about anything in fried rice. As long as the spices and sauces are right it tastes great.

Fried Rice (1)_v1.jpg

Latest posts

Back