What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday hubby had a sub from jersey mike's ( someone at the hospital bought his dept subs because one of the guys who had the wuhan died in ICU)
I had beef vegetable soup

Today will be takeout of some kind

Nothing like what happened with your DH but it reminded me of this.

My friend has a schnauzer rescue and usually has 12 - 16 or so schnauzers at once-- all ages and some with chronic issues. When one of the rescues dies, she gets McDonald hamburger patties for all that remain. They all (that are able to) go out with the owner to bury the one who passed. Always seemed a little strange to me, but nice.

Sorry I got off topic!

Got up this morning and cleaned out the fridge. I put some pre-soaked beans in the crock pot with a bunch of leftovers: cubed pork loin, chopped up hamburger patties, some sliced German sausage, some cooked bacon, a diced up chicken breast, some sliced breakfast sausage, some red onion, some garlic, some green bell pepper, and a bunch of seasonings. 11 hours later it was ready to eat and it was delicious.

Woo Hoo! Cinco de Mayo!

Got some chicken breasts and a couple steaks marinating in cumin, garlic, cilantro, & lime right now. Eventually they will become fajitas with sauteed onions & pepper, black beans, fresh pico, and hand smashed guacamole. We are even doing low carb tortillas.

Hitting up a drive up window tonight for some double meat lettuce wrap sandwiches. Probably peppered turkey & bacon with provolone cheese, my go to sandwich.

Thanks, now have one for yourself!! My girls keep making brownies in the evening and I can't eat chocolate at night. (I would be awake until 4 a.m. even if I ate chocolate at 7 or 8 p.m.) In the a.m. I come out of my room and see the brownies, or what's left of them. I swear they eat more than 2/3 of what they baked. And they're skinny! Little stinkers. So I have to have two brownies for breakfast!
I am the same. I have a few large coffee cups, that are actually two cups each. One of those with regular coffee, first thing in the morning and I am good until the next morning. Any other coffee or tea during the day and my sleep is disrupted. If I have chocolate, it really keeps me awake at night. I don't do this often, but if I have a glass of milk in the evening, I definitely sleep better.

Latest posts

Back