What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could use a pick-me-up today so I made roasted red potatoes. I had fresh garlic and fresh thyme. They were done but should have put them under the broiler for about 4 minutes… I was too hungry to wait.

I also had open faced roast beast sandwich with melted pepperjack cheese on fresh Italian bread. For dessert there was peach pie.

Roast beast red p sm.JPG

We had meatloaf last night, too - and dang if it wasn't one of my better ones! 😁

When I make meatloaf, I typically make up several at a time - cook one for dinner and freeze the rest. That way I can blend the meats better, like 4lbs beef and 1lb sausage, or a beef/bison or beef/elk mix. Or maybe a beef/turkey mix because the ground turkey was on sale and I want to stretch things. It all depends on what I have. And how I feel like seasoning it at the time.

Last night's was one of my frozen loaves. And wouldn't you know, I didn't record what I did in my kitchen journal, so I can only guess at how this loaf was put together, lol.

TV dinner Meatloaf with mashed potatoes. Best rated on the internet, it reminds me of the Crocodile Dundee quote about eating lizard "Tastes like ****, but you can live on it"

Back to making my own :D

Last night we had chicken taco casserole. We stewed and de-boned enough chicken to make 4 casseroles, 2 chicken taco, 2 chicken broccoli, we ate one and froze 3 for future use... Had a couple slices of the banana bread, we kept 1 loaf gave the rest away.... wish we had kept more ;)

Thinking about vension chili for the weekend.
That will be my last package of deer burger.
I think that package is big enough for a small meatloaf too.
Chili was really good.
Meatloaf was okay.
Will have to cook today or tomorrow.
Chicken stir fry over rice maybe.
Have leftover dabs to use up from Grand daughter's sleepover weekend.
Maybe cornbread patties with maple syrup, 2 eggs over easy, bacon.
I'll just use up the leftovers.

Does anyone know a good french onion dip mix or good recipe for French Onion Dip? I am trying to limit the extra stuff in the fridge and sour cream make more sense than having several several containers of sour cream based stuff.... I might be off, but anyway, I would love some input....

Does anyone know a good french onion dip mix or good recipe for French Onion Dip? I am trying to limit the extra stuff in the fridge and sour cream make more sense than having several several containers of sour cream based stuff.... I might be off, but anyway, I would love some input....

All Ive ever used are those Lipton mixes and they are just ok nothing special.

"Does anyone know a good french onion dip mix or good recipe for French Onion Dip? I am trying to limit the extra stuff in the fridge and sour cream make more sense than having several several containers of sour cream based stuff.... I might be off, but anyway, I would love some input...."

My DW does the same, the Lipton french onion soup and sour cream.

That looks absolutely delicious! We haven't been able to find stew meat available lately. Might see if they have a roast next time we go to the store. I forgot to get potatoes last time I went. We have the carrots and some mushrooms (which I bet would be great with a pot roast).

That looks absolutely delicious! We haven't been able to find stew meat available lately. Might see if they have a roast next time we go to the store. I forgot to get potatoes last time I went. We have the carrots and some mushrooms (which I bet would be great with a pot roast).

We caught roasts on sale last month and bought 9, brought them home and sealed and froze them. I would rather have a roast anymore than most grocery store steaks.

Latest posts

Back