What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets eat. 👍

DSCN1232.JPG

I'd love it MO! Thank you!
Hamburger meat-deer, beef about pound-drain off the fat.
brown with diced onion- I used 1 small yellow onion.
wasn't a fine dice, but not real rough dice either
I also used several green peppers.
Sliced, then medium diced
salt and pepper to taste.
also used diced tomatoes
Cooked macaroni or pasta to directions
After macaroni is cooked- drain, but save cup macaroni water.
Mix together with tomatoes and sauce.
mix well.

HashB you can put all the butter you want on it after its done. :thumbs: I was surprised it worked but this is our 2nd time to make them and they really are good,light, and just enough crisp to make em good.

I'm pretty particular when it comes to biscuits, If I would have asked my first wife to make just one pan of biscuits before we were married it would have saved me 15 years of agony. :D:D;)

also used diced tomatoes
mix well.
chili powder to taste.

also used diced tomatoes
mix well.

That is exactly what I remembered!! Did you get that recipe from a crotchety old Marine gunny?

That is exactly what I remembered!! Did you get that recipe from a crotchety old Marine gunny?
No I didn't.
I got it from crotchety old Army Medic who happens to be my dad.
And he got it from an old crotchety Army -Air Corp World War Ii veteran who was my grand father.
So this crotchety old Army broad fixes it to for my sons when they were young.

Last edited:
Kind of an unusual mix of things yesterday, searched the cabinets and refrigerator for items to use, but in the end everybody really enjoyed the mix:

Stella Artois to start things out, NY strip steaks grilled on the Traeger, white cheddar cheese macaroni, green beans, vanilla caramel English Toffee ice cream for desert. I don't know how the macaroni and cheese snuck in there, but I gave the option of pasta salad, flavored noodles, or mac-n-cheese and the latter won the vote hands down. Never had steaks with macaroni and cheese before, but the combo was unexpectedly satisfying!

Haven't decided on what to do for tonight. We have a fridge full of leftovers from previous meals and I'm thinking we should eat those up before making a new big dinner.

We were lazy tonight jalapeño chili cheese dogs.

View attachment 58400
Those actually look quite good! But I know enough, at my age, to take a Pepsid before eating a dinner like that. Then some antacids afterwards. Followed by some sips of nice refreshing ginger ale. But that does look really good. And you should become a food photographer BTW.

Those actually look quite good! But I know enough, at my age, to take a Pepsid before eating a dinner like that. Then some antacids afterwards. Followed by some sips of nice refreshing ginger ale. But that does look really good. And you should become a food photographer BTW.

Thanks! cooking is our hobby I moderate a really nice food group on Facebook and have learned a lot about taking photos from the people that post there.

I wish my doctor hadn't said I need to cut back on carbs. I love biscuits and corn bread and lots of carbs.
I had a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon on a buttered tortilla. I made one for my mom and she actually said it was "good" more than once. High praise coming from her. She normally finds fault with everything. She did gripe that I forgot to warm the tortilla first (bc she started screaming at me when I was in the middle of cooking the eggs-- I can't remember what she was hollering about but it was something trivial). She hadn't heard me hollering back that I was cooking.

I'm hoping my brother will make beef stew later since we have all of the stuff for it. Still trying to figure out what seasoning to use that doesn't have pepper. My brother is thinking of trying some paprika I think.

We have a family recipe (Hungarian from Mom's side) that her grandma called Chicken Buppergosh but is some form of Chicken paprikash soup. We have to leave the onions out but the recipe has hungarian sweet paprika and sour cream (added after it has finished cooking) and a drop noodle called kenaydlee (at least that's how mom pronounces it).

Tonight I had chinese food in the big town. The best place was a little mom&pop place but it's been closed since last spring. Who knows if it'll ever open again...

The entree I had tonight I'd give 3.5 stars out of 5, better than average but nothing to write home about.

What was off the charts good... Made from scratch egg rolls! OMG they were so good! I'll be stopping there every time I'm in town just to pick up a couple egg rolls. I haven't had egg rolls this good since I used to live 30min from chinatown in San Fran. I could get real chinese food there... The egg rolls I had tonight were on par.

Sparky, that looks delicious!

I had stuffed crust pizza with mushrooms. Regretted it later bc my stomach doesn't like pizza much. Still feeling a bit sick from it. Had to take Alkaseltzer and Pepto Bismol.

Made another breakfast burrito for Mom. She said she wants me to make just scrambled eggs, cheese, & bacon next time. She couldn't finish all of the burrito. We shared a teeny bit of it with the dogs.

Tonight I had chinese food in the big town. The best place was a little mom&pop place but it's been closed since last spring. Who knows if it'll ever open again...

The entree I had tonight I'd give 3.5 stars out of 5, better than average but nothing to write home about.

What was off the charts good... Made from scratch egg rolls! OMG they were so good! I'll be stopping there every time I'm in town just to pick up a couple egg rolls. I haven't had egg rolls this good since I used to live 30min from chinatown in San Fran. I could get real chinese food there... The egg rolls I had tonight were on par.

My favorite Asian dish or side are egg rolls.

Latest posts

Back