What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the Dorito casserole wasn't bad. We both liked it. IMHO after baking for that long it was a little dry. I think I will top it with salsa or hot sauce when I eat the leftovers to see if that helps. I will make it again, though.

I'm not sure how old. I can't understand what the codes on them mean. I know there expired, because I got them in 2011.

I ate the chili with beans and the vegetarian lasagna. I liked the chili better, they where both edable, a bit salty and very bland. The little tobasco sauce bottle was all dried up. I used fresh hot sauce. The pound cake seemed edable, but had a strange smell. I fed that to the dog.

Taco wraps. Was going to make soup tonight but have too many other things going on and it's back in the 70s-80s this week anyways. Probably roast all the veggies that I was going to put in the soup tomorrow and make some chicken to go with them.

Daughter and I went to visit Mom at the nursing home. While playing Jokers and Pegs, she said she hadn't had pizza in a long time and she'd like some. So, I called out to the local Casey's and ordered a large pepperoni with mushrooms on half of it. I'm not actually a huge fan of Casey's pizza, but Mom appreciated it so it's all good...

Today was my favorite meal. Typical for us about every other Sunday.

Started out with an ice cold, almost freezing Stella Artois. Next up, some shrimp cocktail. A Caesar salad followed. Then grilled ribeye steaks and corn on the cob. Finished off with a slice of cheesecake.

Sometimes we'll do New York strips instead of ribeyes. Sometimes potatoes instead of corn on the cob. A different salad or dessert. Occasionally bread. Etc. But the basic jist of the dinner stays the same. Always present are the steak and the super cold Stella (I put it in the freezer and keep checking it with my infrared thermometer until it hits the mid 20's, then into a Koozie it goes so it stays cold!) 😋

p.s. - Meanwhile ... at Super's house ... it was probably Vienna Sausages for dinner!

Having a Sunday dinner as it's a bank holiday here. Roast chicken with roast potatoes, mashed turnip, carrots, parsnip and ham done in cider in the slow cooker. I put on extra so there will be enough for tomorrow night's dinner and I won't have to cook after classes.

Celebrating tonight at our house! 24 oz Porterhouse, bone marrows and a baked potato as big as your head.

0C6D24B4-524F-4331-9728-A9C58DEFC413.jpeg

Going to sisters after work and she's making some sort of instapot ramen recipe. Not sure how it'll turn out but I'm intrigued.

Latest posts

Back