What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://damndelicious.net/2017/11/03/slow-cooker-french-onion-soup/
I was thinking of making something like this over the weekend. I like the non-nonsense instruction at the top of the picture.

------------------

Screenshot_2023-12-01_17-52-09.png

Tonight I cooked chicken thighs in the air fryer and had sides of mashed potatoes and green beans.

I learned that chicken thighs will be cooked exclusively on the outside BBQ grill from now on. Normally I use boneless skinless ones, but this time I decided to try bone-in skin-on just to see the difference. Those stupid grease-bombs made the air fryer smoke up the house so bad it looked like we had a campfire in here. I spent an hour cleaning up the air fryer - turned it upside down so I could get in around the top heating element with paper towels and Q-Tips to de-grease the thing.

The chicken thighs came out tasting fantastic FWIW. I put Kosher salt, pepper, and an Italian seasoning mix on them prior to the campfire.

Now I remember why we don't go out to eat very often. It's rare for us, except on birthdays and such. But tonight we're out at the "fancy" southwestern grill. Don't you just hate it when you spend well over $100 for three people and end up thinking - for every single item on every single order - "I cook much better than this"! It's not like the food was of low quality ingredients. It was more just a horribly bad judgement call one what ingredients go together. The cook didn't know how to cook IMHO. I was so looking forward to the grilled Brussels sprouts that came as a side with my steak. But they had covered the things in honey before grilling them. They were as sweet as Captain Crunch. Yeuch. My apologies to anyone who might actually like this done to Brussels sprouts (actually, my condolences). My steak was tender, but totally devoid of any taste what so ever. The roasted fingerling potatoes appeared to be sprinkled with brown sugar? They were sweet too. My wife couldn't even eat her chicken tostada things. There's something just plain wrong about adding two lbs of cilantro to a few tablespoons of chicken. She said, "At least they gave me a lot of rice to eat". I'd say about four cups of it looking at her plate. Unfortunately it was inedible. I don't know what they mixed into it. But it was green and bitter. Maybe a pound of aged parsley possibly? At least they gave us a free piece of birthday cake. It was "a chocolate cake with a delicious cinnamon center" according to the menu. Well, I guess it might have been "delicious" if you take a liking to a quarter cup of plain cinnamon packing into the middle. No sugar. At least the cinnamon burnt the taste of the mega cilantro out of our mouths. Lots of water was consumed with the cake.

The cook was an idiot. We should have just made Spam sandwiches at home.

Latest posts

Back