What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife got some filets and twice baked taters on her way home last night. Cold and windy out and I think our tank is about empty on the grill. So she tried the air fryer. They were surprisingly good. Mine was rare. But soooo tender and tasty. She put hers back in for about 3 more minutes and got medium out of it.
Just needed some shrimp to wash it down with
(That should get Sonja to comment) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I suppose I should be happy about this...but I'm kind of not.

My "kids" (all 20-somethings) come home from the holidays. They have very simple tastes, for the most part. (That's the part I suppose I'm supposed to be happy about.) I'll offer to take them all out for dinner...you know, to celebrate a bit, thinking I might get a nice steak dinner myself out of this. They always end up choosing super-cheap food places.

So, tonight, it is fast food chicken drive thru. Granted, this place has some nostalgia for them, because they don't have any where they live, but really??? Ugh. I was willing to spend some money on them, but they are not interested.

So, tonight, it is fast food chicken drive thru. Granted, this place has some nostalgia for them, because they don't have any where they live, but really??? Ugh. I was willing to spend some money on them, but they are not interested.
I have found on many many occasions that the "special restaurant" I took everyone to (and spent a fortune doing so!) turned out to be far worse than I could have made at home. Or I find out that the Applebee's Clubhouse Grill sandwich for under $15 beats that fancy restaurant's $80 whatcha-makallit by a large margin (we go to Applebee's about once every two years, but I will say, that Clubhouse Grill sandwich I had last time was indeed really good!)

So count your blessings! The family is the blessing, not the meal.

I think it's going to be fried shrimp, mashed potatoes, and salad here. Unfortunately I started the bread maker too late, so the loaf won't be cooled and ready for cutting until 8:30. Now, the first slices will be a midnight snack of buttered toast rather than a dinner item. I'm actually looking forward to that!

I made split pea soup with a left over hambone. Pressure cooked the bone 2 hours until all the meat come off and made a great bone broth. Pulled out the bones and they were pretty soft so I let the dogs eat them. Put in a diced onion, carrots, three ribs of celery and the split peas. Pressure cooked for another 30 minutes then simmered until thick. It’s late (almost 9) but waiting for hubby to come home to eat.

I had Macaroni and cheese, Lori is up north and went to "Rods Capricorn Inn" and got a a salad. I got screwed :p

1703127825145.png

I had Macaroni and cheese, Lori is up north and went to "Rods Capricorn Inn" and got a a salad. I got screwed :p

View attachment 121611
Rods is the closest "sit down" place, and they are GOOOOD. Last time we ate there, the total was under 13 bucks, and we were stuffed.

Fajitas! I'm making beef and chicken, all the fixings, assemble your own! 😋
Waita minute!
You're working on supper at 4:33am! :oops:
...and 'some assembly is required'?

Wife got some filets and twice baked taters on her way home last night. Cold and windy out and I think our tank is about empty on the grill. So she tried the air fryer. They were surprisingly good. Mine was rare. But soooo tender and tasty. She put hers back in for about 3 more minutes and got medium out of it.
Just needed some shrimp to wash it down with
(That should get Sonja to comment) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
That's ok, I'll take the flogging ;).
...Hey @sonya123 , yummy = this:
110264-IMG-4756.jpg

113620-chrome-image-Aug-8-2023-3-12-48-PM-CDT.png

Latest posts

Back