What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't very hungry tonight after we went out for a large late brunch (2:00pm!) at a local restaurant. The wife was a little hungry, so I made her some spaghetti. I just made a smoothie for myself. My first attempt at a smoothie in my new Vitamix. It came out wonderfully! Really, really good! And a perfectly smooth creamy texture. Nice and cold, texture like soft serve ice cream - eat from a cup with a spoon. The perfect sweetness for my tastes.

1/2 cup Thai unsweetened coconut milk (room temp), 3/4 cup Califia Farms Toasted Coconut almond milk (refrigerated), 2 bananas broken into pieces (room temp), 2 cups of frozen fruit (a organic mixture of strawberries, pineapple, mango, and peaches). No added sweeteners. This recipe made enough smoothie for two people. I just made it up, guessing at amounts based on other recipes I have seen (but measuring everything, so I'd have a baseline for my records so I could evaluate results). I do have to say, I think I nailed it on this first attempt. I couldn't be happier with the results. With this taste/texture baseline, I'll start adding things like greens, nuts and seeds to give it more nutritional value.

To clean up, I rinsed the pitcher of the smoothie residue, filled it half full with warm water, added a few drops of dish soap, and returned it to the Vitamix base and pushed the "clean cycle" icon on the touch screen. It washed itself, speeding up and slowing down on some automatic cycle that is controlled by it's brains - all's I had to do was rinse out the soap suds at the end.

Last edited:
open face meatball sandwich , under the broiler . meatballs , 2yr. old parmesono reggiano , mozzerella cheese .
cwxvRXr.jpg

We had chicken fried steak with pan gravy, pan fried potatoes and onions, and some homemade canned coleslaw. Pretty sure some cardiologist out there is having a heart attack for us.
But what a way to go...
Something with chicken tonight here also, haven't decided what yet

Tonight was leftover grilled chicken thighs. I steamed some broccoli and cut up and cooked some golden potatoes in the air fryer. I love things out of that air fryer. I grab a large bowl and put a very minor amount of olive oil on the cubed potatoes, a little Kosher salt, and an Italian Seasoning mix made by Spice Island (I like their Italian mix the best). Then I get myself all messy stirring everything around in the bowl for even coverage with my hands. Have a paper towel handy for cleanup afterwards! Even a small amount of olive oil will grease you up pretty good. Then I air fry the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes at 375.

Virgin Island Sandwiches tonight. They have nothing to do with the Virgin Islands, other than that was where we were when we first had them at a restaurant named Le Escargo (no doubt I'm spelling that wrong!)

Sourdough bread slice, topped with a smoked ham slice about as thick as two quarters maybe, then tomato slices, then mozzarella cheese. Topped with a little kosher salt and pepper, then baked/broiled until the top is all melted and turning bubbly and browned.

Virgin Island Sandwiches tonight. They have nothing to do with the Virgin Islands, other than that was where we were when we first had them at a restaurant named Le Escargo (no doubt I'm spelling that wrong!)

Sourdough bread slice, topped with a smoked ham slice about as thick as two quarters maybe, then tomato slices, then mozzarella cheese. Topped with a little kosher salt and pepper, then baked/broiled until the top is all melted and turning bubbly and browned.
You had Virgin Island Sandwiches at a restaurant named the The Snail(Le Escargo)?
Works for me.
Just struck me as humorous.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back