What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No...sold that months ago. I will never fly again. My license has been pulled as well...I can no longer pass the physical.

Well like me we still have the memories of things we did we can't do anymore. I always think of you when I see a heli go over. :green man:Had a small plane come really close to ground yesterday that was scairy :eyeballs: closest one ever.

Tonight was an open faced fried bologna sandwich with a big slice of tomato from the garden. Yum

fried bologna_v1.jpg

I baked some shrimp with old bay earlier so they'll be nice and cold for supper. I plan on making oven fries to go with them

Tomorrow I'm making bbq ribs, baked beans, fries and cole slaw

Fresh from the garden… okra fried in a cast iron skillet the way momma makes them and her green beans . 2 ears of sweetcorn, 2 slices of tomato and a big slice of cantaloupe.

I will soon be in a vegetable coma! or should I call it a vegetative state? :D

Last edited:
I had a big breakfast… went out about 7 and pulled 2 ears of sweet corn from the garden. Last night I cut a fresh cantaloupe, had 2 big slices this morning. Also had some more spam smothered with pico de gallo.

I knew I wouldn’t want my regular breakfast/lunch at lunch. So… at the store this morning I bought a baguette which I almost never do. I bought some pricey garlic/cheese spread I really like but almost never buy.

About 2 I had lunner (lunch/dinner). I made some crustini’s. I covered them with very thin slices of serrano peppers, a small piece of thick slice bacon (pre-fried). A glob of garlic cheese spread and bits of tomato. I drizzled some EVO over them.

I broiled them in the air fryer for 3 minutes.

They were beyond yummy, approaching food coma territory! Sooooo good!

crustini_v1.jpg

Last edited:
I had a big breakfast… went out about 7 and pulled 2 ears of sweet corn from the garden. Last night I cut a fresh cantaloupe, had 2 big slices this morning. Also had some more spam smothered with pico de gallo.

I knew I wouldn’t want my regular breakfast/lunch at lunch. So… at the store this morning I bought a baguette which I almost never do. I bought some pricey garlic/cheese spread I really like but almost never buy.

About 2 I had lunner (lunch/dinner). I made some crustini’s. I covered them with very thin slices of serrano peppers, a small piece of thick slice bacon (pre-fried). A glob of garlic cheese spread and bits of tomato. I drizzled some EVO over them.

I broiled them in the air fryer for 3 minutes.

They were beyond yummy, approaching food coma territory! Sooooo good!

View attachment 11352

I like all the open face sandwiches you eat, I've been having them a lot lately too. Trying to cut back on the store bought bread.

We had meatloaf, pintos, carrots and drop biscuits. But hubby put the wrong flour in the flour jar ,it says ' self rising ' but it is all purpose. Good thing I always put a little extra baking powder in my drop biscuits. I kneaded them with butter only ,buttermilk ,water and spoon dropped em. Al little flat but they were good.

Rotini with a meat sauce with aside salad with lettuce from garden

It doesn't get much better than lettuce fresh from the garden. Haven't had that in a couple years.
Yesterday we had ham, mac and cheese, green beans

Today I'm making bowties with meat sauce and garlic bread

WVDragon, thats about what we will have tomorrow. Today its left overs and its true they are better the next time around..

Wendy's drive thru. 10 hr day, and everyone was grumpy and mean. One of our teachers left for an hour at noon, got another job, and said today was her last day. Ugh. More hours for me. 9 more work days and I'm done. Parents were sad we were closing last week, but this week they are mad. The offer on the school seems to be going along well. Hope to close on it at the end of August.

Yesterday we had baked cod, buttered noodles and california mix veggies

Today I'm making shake n bake chicken and pasta salad ( I cooked extra pasta monday and just heated it up in the microwave today to "freshen" it up)

All beef sausages with onion, bell pepper, put in toasted hot dog buns with garlic butter, along with cottage cheese, and macaroni salad. Apple cobbler for dessert, and coffee, naturally. Might get real industrious and top the cobbler with Swiss cheese and French Vanilla ice cream.

Latest posts

Back