What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making brats and pasta salad.
Its nasty humid today because of barry ( we only got 1/2 inch out of it). heat index is triple digits and will be even worse friday and saturday. they've already put out warnings for people those 2 days

Having a CT today... couldn't eat after midnight last night so a 11pm I ate half a watermelon. Does that count as dinner?
Watermelon, I've been craving some but I can't eat a whole one and the cut up ones are crazy expensive...

Tonight I sweated down some mushrooms and onions, browned some kind of cajun sausage. I warmed up some okra fried this morning. For D... strawberries and sourcream.

mush onion saus_v1.jpg

Day 3 of bad heat and humidity. Supposed to get a break tuesday-thursday yay.
Today we're having fried ham steak and BLT pasta salad

Yesterday, I grilled chicken, baked jalapeno poppers, made a new recipe of collard greens mixed with cabbage, bacon and onions, made a fat free pineapple cake and then low carb egg muffins this morning. Done cooking for a few days!
And grilled some pineapple with a little cinnamon and brown sugar to caramelize.

Watermelon, I've been craving some but I can't eat a whole one and the cut up ones are crazy expensive...

Freeze what you can't eat. I do this with fresh pineapple and watermelon too. its like a real fruit pop cycle. I just ate some sliced pineapple this morning I froze last month.
I just wrap mine in wax paper or put it in glass freezer bowl. I don't wrap acidic foods in plastic wrap,but thats just me. Parchment would be better but that is too expensive.

We're having red beans and rice and green beans ( I'd rather have greens but hubby won't eat them *sigh*). I bought a loaf of italian bread so we'll have that to go with it

Today I'm making bbq chicken. Haven't decided on the sides yet

Lunch in July... Fresh from the garden, fried okra, fried squash, field peas, green beans and a chunk of watermelon. There was no room left for the tomatoes and cantaloupe.

Did mention how much I love July?

lunch_v1.jpg

I'm making baked fish, buttered noodles and sliced tomatoes ( homegrown yum)

Gonna be steak on the menu for a while!! The local Piggly Wiggly had almost an entire section of meat that hit the "sell by date," and they just marked EVERYTHING $2.00 a pkg. T-Bones, NY Strip, Sirloin, Ground Round, ground beef, cube steaks, center cut pork chops, etc...the whole nine yards. Bought the whole mess out, and the meat now resides in my freezer! Tonight will be grilled T-Bone, baked sweet potato, sweet peas, and salad. Probably peach turnovers for dessert. The meat deal of the decade, couldn't pass it up!!

Tonight I made a pot of seafood hot & sour soup... Finally got the salt under control with low sodium soy sauce and low salt chicken broth. Need to work on the red pepper flakes and garlic pepper sauce... This pot was smoking hot!

Gonna be steak on the menu for a while!! The local Piggly Wiggly had almost an entire section of meat that hit the "sell by date," and they just marked EVERYTHING $2.00 a pkg. T-Bones, NY Strip, Sirloin, Ground Round, ground beef, cube steaks, center cut pork chops, etc...the whole nine yards. Bought the whole mess out, and the meat now resides in my freezer! Tonight will be grilled T-Bone, baked sweet potato, sweet peas, and salad. Probably peach turnovers for dessert. The meat deal of the decade, couldn't pass it up!!

You hit the jackpot for sure VenomJ. :green man:

We just had a cheese sandwich since it was late.

Deep dish pizza with ground round, bell peppers, red sweet peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic and ground sausage. Garden salad, and my favorite, blueberry pie with Swiss cheese and French Vanilla ice cream!

We had leftovers. Brats, baked beans, italian noodles ( olive oil and italian salad dressing powder)sliced tomatoes

Latest posts

Back