What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally! After a year an 8 months the best chinese restaurant in the big town has opened for dine-in seating. I missed their food! The owners, a man and his wife, are elderly. Don't blame them a bit for shutting the doors over covid concerns. They were still open for delivery only,

So, lunch was a favorite, mongolian beef, hot n sour soup and an egg roll. I even got a little pot of hot tea. Usually just get sweet tea but once in a while hot tea is nice with a meal.

Their soup bugs me... I use red wine vinegar in my hot n sour soup. They use a different vinegar, its lighter in color and taste. It's not rice wine vinegar either. It's really good, just wish I knew which one they used. The last time I asked the owner her poor english suddenly got really bad. :rolleyes:

Fook chi Li Li mb 1 a.JPG
Fook chi Li Li mb 3 a.JPG

The grocery store had these enormous chicken breasts, 2 breasts were 1.6 pounds. So I cut one down to about 10 ounces, browned it, and chunked it. Then I boiled up some "chicken flavored noodles in a bag" and put the chicken in it. First time trying it, and it was actually really good. My daughter even said it was good and she's not a fan of chicken. (I know, something's wrong with her, but it is what it is...😉)

Last edited:
Finally! After a year an 8 months the best chinese restaurant in the big town has opened for dine-in seating. I missed their food! The owners, a man and his wife, are elderly. Don't blame them a bit for shutting the doors over covid concerns. They were still open for delivery only,

So, lunch was a favorite, mongolian beef, hot n sour soup and an egg roll. I even got a little pot of hot tea. Usually just get sweet tea but once in a while hot tea is nice with a meal.

Their soup bugs me... I use red wine vinegar in my hot n sour soup. They use a different vinegar, its lighter in color and taste. It's not rice wine vinegar either. It's really good, just wish I knew which one they used. The last time I asked the owner her poor english suddenly got really bad. :rolleyes:

View attachment 77187View attachment 77188

Chinese Black Vinegar. It's not as acidic as other vinegar and it's delicious.

I went big for dinner tonight. New York Strips and fried potatoes. Those steaks were on sale for $8 apiece. I'll need to get a second job to do that very often, but it was worth it tonight!😉
Second Job raising steers!

Back