What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husband picked out a disgusting sweet and sour cabbage roll recipe out of Dr Ornish's cookbook. It calls for brown sugar to make it sweet. Am modifying it. Brown sugar and tomatoes don't sound good together. Will skip that part. Stuffing is rice, mushrooms. So I'll use steamed portabello and grated cheese with the rice.

Getting ready to walk down the road for that Mariquirita and Mexican food.
Whatever's left will be lunch tomorrow.
Thinking about Polish Sausage, Kraut, grilled onions, portabella mushrooms.sweet peppers for supper tomorrow night.
Maybe with homemade potato chips.
Got potatoes that need used up.
Need to fill at least one propane tank so I can grill.

Been hanging off the end of a mattock and pitchfork again this morning so what ever it will be will be easy.

I think I put some odd stray chicken bits I have in the freezer with stock, dehydrated veggies, hard herbs and whole whack of garlic and make chicken soup in the slow cooker.

Not may people know but I have to boil water for my baths in a massive urn...which is the boiler for my still. It gives me over 25 ltrs of boiling water very quickly.
The perfect amount for a nice hot bath.
I'm going to need that long hot soak tonight.

upload_2018-6-6_16-36-53.jpeg

upload_2018-6-6_16-37-22.jpeg

Jim

Getting ready to walk down the road for that Mariquirita and Mexican food.
Whatever's left will be lunch tomorrow.
Thinking about Polish Sausage, Kraut, grilled onions, portabella mushrooms.sweet peppers for supper tomorrow night.
Maybe with homemade potato chips.
Got potatoes that need used up.
Need to fill at least one propane tank so I can grill.

Sounds like ingredient's we will have, only in our pizza.

Store bought crust and canned sauce, green, red. yellow sweet peppers, onions, mushrooms, green olives. Mozzarella and swiss cheese is only two we have so that will top it off. And pickled beets on the side.

My squash is getting ripe every day this past week. I've had fried squash with this... I've had fried squash with that... every day for a week, still not tired of it. I love fried squash. I slice it with a mandolin, about 1/8 inch thick.

This year I found a new recipe I love... 50/50 mix of flour and cornmeal for breading... milk to bind, salt and fresh ground pepper... simple yet so yummy. :)

Latest posts

Back